Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which days do you have off work?

We did this poll back in 2004

I will post the results of that poll sometime in May.

It will be interesting to see how time and changes in the industry have changed the days we are allowed to take off.

Choose the days you are off work during each week.
    Sunday
    32.14%
    Monday
    10.00%
    Tuesday
    8.57%
    Wednesday
    7.86%
    Thursday
    7.86%
    Friday
    8.57%
    Saturday
    20.71%
    No Days Off
    4.29%

The poll is expired.

Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc.

I'm guessing this is only for full time employee's?

Comment

I work a 3 week rolling rota, Sat, Sun off, then Wed, Thu then Mon, Fri....

Comment

Days off will very but how about adding which shifts that everybody has to be there

Comment

No days off during fall/winter season then Wed Sat Sun in the summer
          When I die bury my balls next to the old bag!

Comment

I'm working 50% of legal work week in Norway (37.5hrs with payed break, 40hrs without payed break).
            Two guys share the 40 hours of normal operation, I'm A, other guy is B. Over two weeks:
            Monday: A
            Tuesday: A
            Wednesday: B
            Thursday: B
            Friday: A
            Saturday: A
            Sunday: A
            Monday: B
            Tuesday: B
            Wednesday: A
            Thursday: A
            Friday: B
            Saturday: B
            Sunday: B

I made this setup as I took an extra year in high school last year to get what equals GSCE or SAT/ACT, because I had vocational classes (2 years, media and communication, 2 years apprenticeship gives the title graphic artist), and this is basically what I lost of more advanced maths, history, natural science and Norwegian. It was 33hrs per week, so I wanted to not work too much, and not have just one off-day.

A year later and I still work this way, but when mr B is leaving in the fall, I will get some pure mechanic hours outside opening hours, and maybe 1 or 2 more weekdays, but less weekends.

We are a small 6 lane house in a town with 6000 inhabitants.

Comment

7 days a week for 79 days straight for Women's Championships, then Sunday off when traveling
              Joshua Knight - Stand By A Mechanic
              USBC Open Championships El Paso, TX 2015

Comment

I just got back into the business after 12 years and currently work part time. Usually Tues. & Thur. , 10 - 6. I also work full time at an ammo manufacturer. My hours are likely to change next week, Head mechanic go in for surgery and will be out about 6 wks. I'm in a 20 lane, high lineage house, and have to completely go through the whole house this summer.
                When I was in business from 95 - 05, as Gen. Manager/Owner - Mechanic - Laneman - etc, I worked 7 days a week. During the season, an 80 hr week was a short week.

Comment

I get Thanksgiving and Christmas off. when i go on vacation i only get 5 calls a day. so that is down from 10 to 15 calls a day when i am working my 60 to 70hrs a week. LOL that isn't much of an exaggeration

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A / A2s - Rearwalls

James asked for pics of the rear walls. A mechanics nightmare !!! Going to need to loose some weight before working behind these babies. Note: the Rear Low volt control switch...

Brunswick/Kegel tongs...

Just noticed that Brunswick and Kegel tongs are different where you line them up for timing has anyone noticed this am I missing something?...

C1 Pinout drawing

Finished the C1 drawing.

The base for this came from a drawing made by Felix dated 2006.

Thanks Felix.

If you see any...
                  Working...
                  X