Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accuscore Plus: Accucam shutting down after one cycle.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuscore Plus: Accucam shutting down after one cycle.

I've had a recurring issue with Accucam II cameras that will shut down (all LEDs out) after performing a single cycle. I can restart the camera each time by unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in but it still will not read more than one cycle before shutting down again.

Latest event occurred on a pair that would stop scoring until I removed the data cable at the CWC and clean the contacts with an electronic cleaner. So today I replaced the data cable, thinking the problem was there. But now it won't function after a single cycle.

I've had similar symptoms on this pair before. CWC and camera have been swapped out for known operating units in teh past. Current CWC is one we got from QAMF less than a year ago.

Really stumped on this one.

-- Larry

Just an update.....

The next day everything seemed on the pair seemed to be working fine. We've been fighting gremlins in the system for nearly two years now since a lighting strike near the center took out half the curtain walls and a couple of silver chassis.

Had a different pair start showing similar issues except the CWC was visibly locked up (Run light on continuous). Swapped it with another pair and after a couple of warm starts both pair were running fine.

We have one pair that our new TouchDesk hasn't been able to communicate with for a while (scores okay in local mode) so we're still thinking we have one CWC that's not playing nice with us.

-- Larry

Comment

Are your cameras grounded?
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Via the power cables..... yes. Never worked with a system where it was otherwise. Some of the ground lines to the CWCs were left off wen I started there, but I think I have all of them connected to the cases atm.

The next day the pair ran fine. But this last Monday night there was another pair that stopped scoring late into a league.

One thing I haven't really looked into yet are the grounding on the pinwheels (90's have a grounding brush) and bounce plates.

The primary problems have been with communication. At least one pair (11/12) will remain off line to TouchDesk even though it scores perfectly. I have thought that maybe 18 CWCs are too many on one chain to handle the comm line, and maybe splitting the system in half with two home run lines would be better.??
        -- Larry

Comment

They really should be grounded through a wire of their own. This time of year when humidity is low and static is high, it's common for a camera to get zapped as the ball rolls down the lane. The synthetic lanes along with the weird materials they're using for balls these days can easily generate in excess of 40KV of static which will scramble the cameras little brain and pulling the power and plugging it in will reset it till the next zap. I remember one center I went to in the 80';s that had the nylon rollers on the distributor where you could hear the static discharging all over the place. If you turned the lights off it looked like a light show - lol.

You may have a weak CWC in the back causing that problem. Is all the software in the EPROMS the same? Splitting the comm line might help, if nothing else it will make troubleshooting easier by narrowing down where a problem is.

Comment

EPROMS...... heh.... that's a good question. Haven't really looked into that yet. I know they're not one of the latest versions because they're in the 4.xx range and I had a 5.xx versions running in the previous AS+ center I had.

The center's owner has done a lot of the troubleshooting all this time. Last I talked with him he said right before the AccuDesk computer failed permanently the system was running great. It was after he had Touch Desk installed that the communications issue popped up and later the random scoring failures. He has tried moving the terminator to the center of the chain and then adding one CWC back into the chain at a time. No matter where he moved CWCs around to... as soon as he got past 11/12 (home run chain begins at 35/36) the comm error pops up.

BTW I did replace the camera on the pair (25/26) I had the the shut down issue with last Monday with one we just got from QAMF and so far it's still scoring. But I can't honestly say the camera was the culprit there.

-- Larry

Comment

The latest in the 4.xx series is 4.24 (6 players/lane), 5.32 is the latest (8 players/lane), but that won;t work with the AccuDesk. There were a lot of versions in between, many had issues, but a lot of oddball versions made it to centers. If you need another version of software, send me a PM, I can help you out.

It's always best to start the comm line at the first pair. Are all the CWC's the same series? 7150, 7350, 7500-black, or 7500-red?

Comment

All the CWCs are 7500 black. The chain runs from 35/36 (HR cable) to 1/2 (terminator). The pinsetter chassis are chained the opposite direction from the MCU (I didn't install this place so it beats me why they did this.). Scoring was originally installed in 1988 with 82/30s in the center. The 90XLs replaced the 30s around 2002-03.

25/26 stopped scoring again on Saturday. This time just as a "try something we haven't tried yet" we swapped the APS boxes between 25/26 and 27/28. AFAIK everything is still working.

No matter what I need to go through everything and get all the static charge sources (pin elevators, bounce plates, etc) grounded. The distributors all have metal flat rollers on them. But I've already been though several pit rebuilds and didn't include a strap on the vibration dampener. So I'll have to go back add them in.

Also will check what EPROMs the CWCs have. We have 6 player screens so it'll probably be 4.24 or something in that area.
                -- Larry

Comment

Sometimes just moving things seems to fix a problem - gremlins!

Good to hear everything is grounded, it really is important for places in the colder parts of the country during cold months.

Yeah, let me know.

Comment

Not everything is grounded yet.....

But in repairing a sunbway return track on 9/10 last Monday I accidentally knocked loose the cable running between CWCs 9/10 to 7/8 and it caught in a sweep crank which proceeded to wind it up until it shredded the cable at the start of our big league.

When we replaced the cable we got back communication to 11/12 (which had been out all these weeks), but lost 1 thru 4, with 5/6 and 7/8 dropping in and out at random. I left before the league ended and have been off until tomorrow (Thursday) so I don't know if anything else has been done yet, but this was a definitely a new wrinkle.

-- Larry

Comment

Update: Went into work and we had communication to all the CWCs. Not sure exactly what was done but from what I was told the owner and Asst. Mgr. spent Tuesday swapping cables and CWCs around until they were able to get everything communicating.

The only faults I had during the day was one pair not scoring on 2nd ball on the odd lane, and it looked like the two machine cables coming from the APS box were not completely secure (no 2nd ball signal). So I tightened them both down, rebooted the CWC and it was fine. Another pair also stopped scoring and rebooting the CWC there corrected it.

Of course those two guys ended up leaving one cable they swapped out lying on top of the bin assembly of a pinspotter and it could have ended up another ripped out cable but I took care of that.

-- Larry

Comment

Life in a bowling center. LOL

Yeah, those cables aren't cheap if you can find them.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse