Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF XL 100 CPU

Is there anyone doing repair on the XL cpu besides AMF? AMF wants $3300. exchange. I have one that will not come up, power light on, battery good, no beep. Need help.

Re: AMF XL 100 CPU

Just wondering, have you tried to reloaded the program. This may solve the problem.
    Jim H

Comment

Sounds like a bad power supply. I am not familliar with Accuscore XL, but on my Accuscore Plus I used a home computer power supply. Had 3 of them on 24/7 for 3 years, no problem. I wired them in parrallel with the P/S in the CPU.
      TOON
      Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Noone that I know of repairs the CPU's.

Good luck on rebuilding them yourself. Noone is going to be able to provide much insight on the internals of the boxes, so it is going to be a hands on, hope it works situation.

AMFTECH01
        Please tell me what is in my head!!

Comment

Sorry, can't help.

Just wanted to say that that's the main reason that the next system I work on WILL NOT be AMF.

They're not a bad system, they're just too expensive to maintain.

Dutch

Comment

Wayne...I know a guy who is working on them, but I don't know how succesful he has been yet...give me a call. 602-249-1715
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

There is a 5 volt power supply in the chassis for the mother board. It is the same as an accuscore plus power supply - wholesale about $40.00. Worth trying.
              There are also solid state controller relays on the mother board. You could swap 2 of them to see if the problem moves. There are also fuses at the bottom of the mother board. Easy to get to and replace.
              Is the problem on one lane or both? I fixed an odd lane GP signal once by changing the software!
              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Could be your hard drive...... a tech at AMF said to go buy the smallest IDE drive you can..... think they have a 1 or 2 gig installed and said a 40 would work.... install the new one and load up the software.... I gave one of my employees $100 the other day and told him to handle it. A small hard drive like that runs about 15 to 40 bucks....tech said any brand name would do the trick. Good Luck and if anyone out there finds someone to work on the CPU..... let us all know

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse