Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd ball mis-scoring

Ok fellas, I'm a rookie, and I am learning on the fly with our scoring. We have brunswick factory A-2s, with Accuscore scoring. I'm using a Zot Time Delay-plus, without any extra add-on's from Zot. We do have some form of infrared auto-triggering, I'm not familiar with the brand name. The problem I am having with one particular lane is on 2nd ball, and only with slow/light balls. IF, and only IF, the ball doesn't hit the pit-cushion, a spare is scored. If the ball hits the cushion, the scoring is correct. I have tried adjusting the delay, and also played with the camera switches on top of the rake shaft. I am running out of ideas, and its to the point now where I'm frustrated, maybe someone has seen this before? Thanks in advance if you can help me.
    -Jon Ellerhorst
    PBA member since 2001, laneman (Phoenix-S), pinsetter mechanic (A-2) and pro-shop (Innovate mill-drill plus) owner/operator. Hopefully I can eliminate two of those titles in the next year. Can you guess which ones?

Re: 2nd ball mis-scoring

Since you only have a problem when the ball doesn't trigger the machine, I'd say the problem lies with the infrared triggering and my guess is that the camera is seeing the rake when it tries to read the pins (no pins = spare). Normally the tower switches on the rake shaft allow a delay to give the rake time to drop before the camera reads the pins (approx 1.2 seconds). But the auto triggering may somehow affect the timing. Try a simple experiment: Disconnect the motor on 2nd ball and roll a ball through the triggering to see if no rake drop makes a difference.

As a side note, I used to check my time delay modules by cycling the machines up front several times. If the scorer scored any pins, the time delay needed to be checked. (Usually it's the corner pins nearest the camera that get missed first).

Comment

If you have Accuscore with Brunswick machines, you will have an added relay in the electrical box. This relay tells the camera to take a picture. There is a built in delay inside the camera. What is happening is the rake is ending up in the way of the pins when the camera is taking the picture. The one thing you said is you have played with the delay. I'm assuming you mean the delay on the TDM from Zot. There should be NO delay on second ball cycles. The rake should fall immediatley because the machine should have cycled immediatley. Any delay on second ball that is shorter than the first ball will cause the camera to possibly see the rake. On first ball, the delay is long enough to allow the camera to take a picture before the machine even starts its cycle. If the delay you are talking about is shorter than that time, but not immediate, you may have the problem of the camera seeing the rake. Adjust your second ball delay (if you have such a thing) to be as close to zero as possible. I'm not familiar with Zot's time delay module. So, I'm not sure what you're working with.

If this doesn't solve your problem, move the time delay module to another lane and see if the problem moves to the new lane. Also move the time delay module you took out of the other lane and put it in your problem lane. Whole procedure should take about 10 minutes to do. You will narrow down the possible cause of the problem this way...
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

The ball trigger cycle wires with AS+ in an A-2 should be hooked to the K-1 relay - the one referred to in a previous post. Some folks add triggering later and hook it to the TDM. This means the tower switch is executing the 'start' signal when the rake comes down instead of the contacts in the K-1 where AMF intended to get the start signal (with triggering).
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

When I added my triggering, Iparalleled the bowlers reset button where it comes into the electrical box. I tapped into wires 42 and 61 with Tap-Con connectors. Entire wiring job took 5 minutes per lane. And that included the time to remove the cover and put it back on. If you aren't tied in at those two points, I would suggest doing so...
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I solved the problem today. First thing I did was adjust the delay, the camera was still seeing some pins on second ball. Well, the rake was about 4 1/2" from the lane, so I adjusted that down, and now my problem is gone. Thanks for the help, only thing I can't understand is why the camera didn't see the rake board if the pit cushion was hit with the ball. But, the mis-scoring has been stopped.

Thanks
            PBA member since 2001, laneman (Phoenix-S), pinsetter mechanic (A-2) and pro-shop (Innovate mill-drill plus) owner/operator. Hopefully I can eliminate two of those titles in the next year. Can you guess which ones?

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse