Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACCUSCORE FRONT DESK PROBLEM HELP ASAP 911

Here is the problem, hope someone has heard of this and point me in the right direction. our front desk on our accu + is having fits. after rebooting we can get front terminal to come on. we can comm with the back office. we can turn on lanes from there but monitors only. pinsetters won't turn on. we also can't get into the cash drawer at all. on no sale it won't accept passcode to open drawer. we have a different terminal installed now and a different liu box. box has orignal boards from the first. we did have a spare cpu board and power supply board[ not 100% sure they were good though] installed in the first box with now change. any thoughts?

Re: ACCUSCORE FRONT DESK PROBLEM HELP ASAP 911

Check the connections in the back office. Home run box and computone box, if there. If no computone, check the RJ45 connectors and their DB25 adaptors.
    Could be you lost a serial port that communicates with the LIU.
    AMF can dial in and change the port assignments to try that.
    Comm to the FD terminal are essentially passed through the LIU, meaning some connections and 1 serial port are ok.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

ted, we did change the home run box also. don't quite understand what you are talking about on the connectors though. we also have no other boxes in the back office other than the homerun box. it goes directly into the computor. could the front dest comm with the back office , as far as accessing the back office, turning monitors on, est and still have a port bad in the back office. what about the inability to turn the pinspotters on from up front?
      i on't quite understand the from the commands take for eack function. like i said the front desk opperates as normal as far as ringing up bowling, shoes ect but wont open cash drawer. we played around last night and rang a pair of shoes up and it went though the normal process but the cash drawer didn't open, the sale however did register in the daily journal
      deane

Comment

Sounds like your front desk is not communicating with the LIU (lane interface unit) Check all of the cables from the front desk to the LIU. The 1 I had here also liked to be shut down about once a month. (This is when I would clean the screens for the cooling fans) You stated that you moved the boards from your other LIU, perhaps a Lane C board is not seated properly.
        hope this helps.

billman
        let me be myself

Comment

Don't make me drive over there Deane..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Check the logfile to see if liusrv is reporting errors when it tries to communicate with the LIU.

Comment

Listen to Deb, Deane! She knows everything! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I'll send you the commands you need to make sure liusrv error logging is enabled and to pull the info from the logfile.

Comment

deb, how do i contact you for this, can call you if you like. hey jon, if your bored come down, we really would like that
                  deane

Comment

sorry i will off and on this computer all afternoon and eve.

Comment

did check the cable from the terminal to the liu, continuity on all leads. error reports?????????

Comment

Deane, Jon said he's coming down. I already sent him some instructions to help check the serial port and to enable/check debug.

Comment

thanks deb, anything else you could think of i could check in the meantime that i already havent.
                          do you think that it might be a bad liu board, or a problem with the back office computer?

Comment

If connections are ok, and you've changed everything in the LIU except the entire thing, I suspect you've lost the comm port that communicates to the LIU.
                            There are lots of conductors in the LIU cable from the advantage. Even though they all go into it, the LIU communications is only using a few wires. Other communications wires are directed to connectors on the back of it (CRT, aux, ptr).
                            What I'm sayign is, these different device ports connect to individual ports on the back of the advantage. They should be labeled.
                            If one port goes bad, you could lose: One front desk, the front desk printer, or the LIU comm even though they all go into a single wire set between the BO and FD.
                            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

does anyone know which par of wires open the cash drawer. i figure out of the 4 wires in the cable, red, green, white, black, on pair is what opens it. so which pair of wires and are they line voltage[110]?
                              deane

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse