Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF XL

What do you guys think of the AMF XL system?
    We are thinking of replacing our poorly Accuscore plus system for the XL at a good price,is this a wise move?

Thanks,Triforce.

Re: AMF XL

Personally, I liked XL more than BOSS. Especially when it was with Advantage. Or now, with a Purrfeck Desk.
    It does give you animated graphics and some marketing on the monitors as well as 40 frame game.
    Finally, you can power off the monitors which you couldn't do with Plus (unless you use the breaker).
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Triforce, I've been having "fun" with XL since 1998.
      Early on had a lot of communication failures; grounded cameras and ball detectors (Thanks BOWLTECH) and that problem went away. System here uses BOSS Front Desk; had a lot of problems with the original CPU. Upgraded to BOSS 9.0 (Dell GX 270) a couple years ago, now running BOSS 9.1 with XL 7.05 with very few problems. Most common problem now is still (after 8+ years) league bowlers putting in a BLIND when the arrow is on that bowler (about 40% of the time requires a reboot).

Comment

ted ...
        is there anyway to do the 40 frame game when in stand alone mode?
        Originally posted by 82/30/70 king:
        I will go ahead and make an ass of myself.

Comment

You know, I dont recall ever looking at the scoring method menu item to see if it was there while in stand alone. Since, with advantage, the enabling software was on that computer, I doubt it would be available unless the CPU could communicate with the BO.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Triforce,

Yes, XL 7.05 is pretty solid. It's a pretty straight forward system and if you take the steps mentioned above, fairly trouble-free. You can use Boss to communicate with it, or Conqueror for Boss, which you may want to consider if you plan on upgrading the next scoring system to a Qubica based system.

BDEC, no, there is no way to run 40FG in stand-alone mode.
            I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

I am curious...what is wrong with your Accuscore Plus system? That system has always been known for being a very solid system.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I have only seen one plus system be suspect.

I believe it had a bad electrical install.

Plus is better than XL.

Comment

Thanks for the posts guys!
                  We have,as I stated Accuscore plus.
                  The back office is Advantage which has got incorrect software installed and has had for 8 years which is ok most of the time but it will occasionally crash the system.
                  Tried getting hold of some upgrade tapes to no avail.
                  The monitors are looking very dated now and I think the owners idea is to have something that looks more modern but won`t cost the earth,as they are spending a lot of money in other areas of the bowl as well.
                  Cheers,Triforce.

Comment

The advantage can be fixed by Deb.

Comment

I agree...get with Deb and see what she can do.

QAMF has a kit available to hook up plasma/lcd monitors to replace the CRT versions you have. This may be a better option than going to XL.

Just a thought...
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Yeah,thanks guys!
                        I`m now in touch with Deb on this one.
                        Cheers!

Triforce.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES)

QAMF has a kit available to hook up plasma/lcd monitors to replace the CRT versions you have. This may be a better option than going to XL.

Just a thought...
                          Is that upgrade available yet Steve? I heard it was in the works. If so please send me some info I can relay to my boss [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by Rep
                            Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES)

Just a thought...
                            Is that upgrade available yet Steve? I heard it was in the works. If so please send me some info I can relay to my boss [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

There's a thread started back in Nov, where Deb posted she saw a pair of LCDs installed at a center as part of an install test.

There's another post in a thread farther back that the conversion was scheduled to be available about this time. So I'd reckon if anyone really knows it'd be QAMF. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

-- Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse