Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front desk locked out

Hi all,
    Got a problem with our font desk terminal locking up.
    It`s Advantage with Accuscore plus scoring.
    We`ve tried rebooting the system several times from the back office,to no avail!
    The terminal won`t even allow you to access the S menus to configure the system!
    Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Triforce.

Re: Front desk locked out

First thing to do is verify your Advantage Front Desk Terminal Setup.

The critical non-default values are

general parameters:
    personality = VT220, 8 bit

keyboard parameters:
    keypad = Application
    cursor keys = Application

Comment

Hi Deb,
      I have checked all the listings on the back office main menu screen but am unable to find the information to access the front desk parameters.
      Is it in the miscellaneous section?

Thanks,

Triforce.

Comment

F3 on the terminal keyboard gets you into setup for the terminal.
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Had a good look at the front desk terminal today.
          The actual terminal (Wyse 185) is the problem.
          Won`t respond to keyboard command:-F3.
          Just sits there with the lane numbers and info that where present when the terminal went down.
          Just does not respond to anything from the keyboard (tried different keyboard,still same).
          Can the Wyse 185 be repaired or is it a case of getting a replacement unit?

Triforce.

Comment

Did you try turning the terminal power off, then back on, and then rebooting?

Comment

Classic [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
              Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Yeah Deb tried that.
                Alastair,did`nt you have Advantage at your last place?
                Do you think they`ll have a spare front terminal knocking about?

Thanks for the info,

Triforce.

Comment

Are you saying the lane numbers and info that where present when the terminal went down are still there even after turning the monitor off and then back on?

If the screen blanks after the off/on cycle but then redisplays the information after restarting, then the application can write to the terminal OK.

I recommend you try a different keyboard before anything else.

Comment

we have a front desk that sitting around it does word we have a new system also have the disk to do a recovery let me know if i can help had this trouble to

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse