Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old CRT Ribbon Cable....?

Can I replace the old CRT 25pin ribbon cable that connects to the old 27" zenith TV's with a DB25 cable so that I can use the wiring colors to hard wire to our new CGA to VGA boards which will then be going to the new LCD we purchased to get Accuscore+ working?

Re: Old CRT Ribbon Cable....?

That is what the monitor control board did. Use it when you change to LCDs to split the left and right signals.

To get the pinouts, look at the existing db25. The R/G/B/Gnd/V/H are all you need, the rest are grounds from the shield of each individual coax in the ribbon. Those can all be common to the ground in the 6 to the converter board.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

The problem is that is old ribbon cable. There are no colored wires? So hard to tell which wire gets hard wired into the 6 wires on the new converter box.

Comment

If you don't have the monitor control board that splits the left/right, then it's going to be an experiment with the 6 coax's from each side to get the inputs right.
        From what I recall, the coax with the black stripe is the color red for the odd lane. The rest I haven't traced out.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I do have the monitor boards. My problem lies with the grey 25-pin ribbon cable where one goes to the left and one goes to the right monitor. There is no color per each wire in the ribbon cable to decipher the R, G, B to match up with colored wires from converter.

Comment

I've used a straight-through DB25 with no problem.
            "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Hey Kat: This will be able to hook to the bare wires of RBG vertical and hortizontal on the converter board when stripped apart at one end?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse