Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRT to LCD conversion Frameworx/ Vector

Hey guys, just sharing a find.

I bought a converter from China - ha, just 1 to test. It worked really well. As well as I could expect my old Frameworx to look.

If anyone has been in the market you may know this can be a fairly expensive project to swap over to LCDs.

I haven't 100% decided, but after my successful attempt - we will likely be swapping them out ourselves.

$128 each lane or $108 if you buy over 20, then shipping from China! :p

These only convert a single signal - so you need one per lane, however from the other options I have seen this is still way cheaper!

I attached my test photo - where I took the signal and threw it into one of our TV's over the lane to see what it looked like. Install took 3 minutes, and I didn't have to adjust anything.

Simple! Now the hard part, removing a crap to of CRT's and hanging LCDS
    Attached Files

Wow thanks for the share. I'll take $108 per lane over $400 per lane. Boss is thinking bout doing same project
    The older the part, the STRONGER it is.

Comment

Woops, I thought I included the link?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-S...442805587.html

Comment

Nice work and tanks for the heads up!

Comment

The nice thing about having one per lane vs a pair is of one goes out you do not lose a whole pair for open bowling.

Comment

Hello Jon!!
            Did you decide to use this system for all your lane? We are looking for this kind of system and before buying, I'd like to know what do you think? The seller advice us to take another one (with HDMI), a little bit more expansive :

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-S...282773610.html

What do you think?

Is it better than the Evolution scoring?

Thank you very much for your answer!!

Comment

Hi,

We bought 24 lanes worth of these and it is an upcoming summer project. Waiting for fall leagues to get done - we have a lot going on this summer with renovations. Anyways do I knwo if this is better than anything - no?

What I do know, is this is an HDMI output and I am hooking it up to frameworx anyways, which has graphics from like 1996. No one call tell me their converter will make them look 'better' than another one. I hooked it up to our TV to test and it looked as good as those graphics possibly can - without buying a new scoring system, with new graphics...which I want to avoid.

Hope that helps! If you want a full review wait until August when I have those in and running for awhile

Originally posted by Annonay Bowling View Post
              Hello Jon!!
              Did you decide to use this system for all your lane? We are looking for this kind of system and before buying, I'd like to know what do you think? The seller advice us to take another one (with HDMI), a little bit more expansive :

What do you think?

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer. It's a pity, you didn't test it all now, to have a full review. We couldn't wait so much. But if you tell me that your first try is still working without problem, I think I'm going to buy 10 units in one time. I don't have any answers from the others systems (Jammaboard and Evolution) so I have no idea about their prices... So by default...

Comment

Originally posted by Annonay Bowling View Post
                  Hello Jon!!

What do you think?

This one would be the best option IMO but it does not seem to be available anymore. For some reason you can not put it into the cart to buy. Maybe they are out of stock.

I do not understand why anyone would want to buy the one that is mentioned in the OP of this thread because it only outputs VGA and that is not a popular format anymore.

Comment

Will this converter work with an AS-90 Scoring System?

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                    seems like pms were not done in a long time
                    and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                    Working...
                    X