Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball detector not cycling machine

we have the as-90c scoring system here and on one of my #3 the ball detector Is only registering the ball and cycling the machine about 50% of the time I tried to swap the detector with another lane, but the problem persists. i am not too familiar with these devices but I understand how it works.. anyhow when I pass my hand or any other object across the beam the led lights up indicating that the sensor detected an obstruction which should send the signal to the system to start the next cycle but it will not do that reliably. any ideas?

You should have a sweep switch or zero degree switch somewhere on your spotter.
    If the scoring doesnt see the sweep is up at zero degrees, it will ignore the ball detect.
    Check the adjustment, and maybe change out the switch for peace of mind.
    Last edited by Wookie8662; 06-16-2018, 10:11 AM. Reason: added 3rd line

Comment

In the last line of your post you say it does not do that reliably. Does this mean when you pass your hand in front of the sensor it doesn't reliably detect your hand every time?

Intermittent problems are generally a sign of a bad connection rather than an electronics problem although it could be a bad connection on a circuit board. After confirming proper alignment watch the led as someone bowls on the lane. If the led lights up on instances when the machine doesn't respond then the sensor is probably ok and is what I would expect since you swapped the detector and the problem stayed with the lane. I would check the wiring for a bad connection. Also you can swap out the machine interface with a good pair and see if the problem persists.

Comment

Originally posted by exMech View Post
        In the last line of your post you say it does not do that reliably. Does this mean when you pass your hand in front of the sensor it doesn't reliably detect your hand every time?

Intermittent problems are generally a sign of a bad connection rather than an electronics problem although it could be a bad connection on a circuit board. After confirming proper alignment watch the led as someone bowls on the lane. If the led lights up on instances when the machine doesn't respond then the sensor is probably ok and is what I would expect since you swapped the detector and the problem stayed with the lane. I would check the wiring for a bad connection. Also you can swap out the machine interface with a good pair and see if the problem persists.

you are correct the led comes on every time that I pass my hand in front of the reflector but does not trigger the cycle every time.

Would you or anybody have a pic or two of the components that I need to look for in the back? the ccd interface is labled, and there are two more electronics boxes on the wall that are not labled and I don't have any idea what they are for I assume one is the foul system and the other the ball detect amp?

Comment

I don't have any pics but maybe if you post pics of the units you are unsure about, somebody may be able to help you identify your components. Don't forget to include pics of any labels or identifying marks on the components.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
          Working...
          X