Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uniworx

We just had the system installed. From the concourse to the mach. everything seems fine(except for the butcher job that the installers did, Bruns. subed it out after they got there money)anyway were having a lot trouble with the control desk and back office! The windows program keeps locking up. Tech. support hasnt been much help, Brun. should be embarased with the program. The woman we have entering the leage info has even found alot of words misspelled in the program. Dont get me wrong I shouldnt be busting any bodys stones about there spelling but I would think when you spend $320,000.00 in two months on scoring, lanes, masking units,light works etc. that they wouldnt forget who you are after they get their money! Anyway I'm getting off track, what I am looking for is some feed back from anyone else that has one of the "worx" family of scoring with the windows program. Thankyou Sincerely Ed Fox
    PS should of went w/ Cubica

------------------
    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Re: uniworx

Quote:]Originally posted by Ed Fox:
    The windows program keeps locking up. Tech. support hasnt been much help, Brun. should be embarased with the program.[/QUOTE]

I take it that the system runs off a standard Intel-style box. Being a computer tech, I can say from personal experience that computer lockups can be a bear to troubleshoot; one never knows initially if it's a software or a hardware fault.

Do you know if the system locks up even when it's not running the program in question?

[This message has been edited by Mok (edited 10-03-2000).]

Comment

What happens is when we are running both cash drawers at the same time the screen will freze! And dosnt allways let us restart right away. Not good for buss. when you have a waiting list of 40 name and people wanting to give you their money and you cant take it!

------------------
      Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

I think the owner said it just right! We look like a bunch of A-holes when we cant ring anybody up or give out a lane.

------------------
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Does any one have the e-mail address of someone at Brun. that matters? I'd love to mail this page to them when its time! Thanks Ed

------------------
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

What happens is when we are running both cash drawers at the same time the screen will freeze! [/QUOTE]

So that's the only time it's happening? Only with two cash drawers in operation, not just one? And both cash drawers are hooked into the same box?

What exactly does this machine have in it as far as processor, ram, video, hard drive... how much space is available on the drive?...

Quote:]Not good for buss. when you have a waiting list of 40 name and people wanting to give you their money and you cant take it!
            [/QUOTE]

No argument there.

Comment

Hey MOK. I'm not the most exp. w/the comp. If you dont mind call 1-973-377-8919 and ask for Dave H. I'll tell him you might call and give him your # and he will call you back. Thank you in advance! Ed

------------------
              Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Hey MOK. I'm not the most exp. w/the comp. If you dont mind call[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I don't think my schedule's going to permit me to call the other side of the country (I notice you're at Plaza Lanes in Madison, NJ) -- I'm in San Diego. That being the case, you may want to consider taking the machine to a local shop there and having them see if they can troubleshoot the lockups.

Failing that, you can have the gentleman email us at [email protected], and I might be able to offer a suggestion or three; bear in mind that remote troubleshooting is difficult at best, which is why I suggest using a local shop.

To recap:

What kind of hardware is in the machine?
                Is the processor/power supply fan still operating?
                If cards are being used to interface the cash drawers/lane control system to the computer, is there an interrupt/address/dma conflict?
                You stated the machine hangs when two cash drawers are in operation; does it hang at any other time (like one cash drawer in use)?

Comment

Hey Mok, I'm going to e-mail this page to Dave and have him reply to you since he's been there w/ most of the prob! He is also the one that has delt w/ tech suport the most. He had men. today that he felt it was a software prob. I also found it funny that just today @ (9:00 A.M) that Brun. called to do a follow up on the installation and our feeling on the system! HMMMMM?

------------------
                  Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

I also found it funny that just today @ (9:00 A.M) that Brun. called to do a follow up on the installation and our feeling on the system! HMMMMM?[/QUOTE]

Heh.

Comment

Big Brother is watching!!!

Comment

Hey guys, guess what! Our salesman showed up today!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
                        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Mike, THANKYOU, Ed and the rest of the staff at Plaza lanes.

------------------
                          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

you know after a week of this going on I just realized I spelled Qubica wrong!

------------------
                            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Hey guys, guess what! Our salesman showed up today!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Was he still in one piece when he left? (big evil grin)

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse