Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frameworx overhead

I have an overhead that will powerdown after a few minutes by itself. Fuses do not blow, but to get it to power back up I simply remove power plug, wait a few seconds and plug back in. This will work for a few minutes, then gone again. I have replaced the 27" ceronix, fuse holder, and relay.

Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to resolve it ?

Re: Frameworx overhead

Whenever I've had a similar problem like yours, changing the ceronix board always took care of it. Obviously,you put in a known good board ?

Try the overhead video control board and/or connections @ the motherboard.

Comment

The video receiver PCB will cause that type of problem also. Swap it with another lane to see if the problem moves.

Ken

Comment

yeah, after I changed the relay today I bowled a couple a games and I figured it was ok. Once leagues started this evening it went out again. I will try the video reciever tomorrow.

..and yes I know the ceronix I replaced with was good.

Comment

Ken...I forgot about that board, never had one go bad yet, that's probably the culprit.

Comment

also check your remote video boards. i've had a few go bad and cause this problem also the tvs would go out also. but usually the ceronix was the culprit?? good luck larry
            larry lawson

Comment

I had 3 O.H.'s do the same thing. Relaced with new board (under warrentty) and has been ok for the last 2 years.
              Came back to work today after week of vac. And 31,32,33,__,35,36 overhead TV's was all scrambled at an angle. 34 had a good solid picture. Worked find after turning off the TV to those machines. Worked normal for scoring??
              Any suggestions?
              Sorry for adding to this post, should of started a new one.
              Marv
              77 E-250 4x4 van

Comment

Marv,

Yours is a little different. Probably the global video cable is partially unplugged at the remote video board (near the top). Possibly at lane 29/30 or at 31/32. If they are plugged in correctly, verify the black/white and white/ black are not coming out of the connector on those lanes.

The other possibility is that the video terminator is not on the global video (out) on the remote video pcb on the last pair in the chain.

Ken

Comment

Ken, when you say "remote vidio pcb". Is it the one in the console?
                  Or is it located in the 36" O.H.'s?
                  And the vidio terminator, I couldn't find anywhere on the pcb's.
                  I admit that I am kind of lost , as the TV's don't have coax cable to them. They just have the computer cable with about 9 wires with a retangle plug on top of the O.H.
                  In the afternoon, I noticed #18, 19, &20 were scambled. While the other ones that were on were fine?
                  I don't understand why it afects some and not all of the TV's?
                  There is only 1 VCR, and only one signal going out to all the O.H.'s?
                  And the bowlers are wanting to watch the baseball things going on now.
                  (myself, I always wanted them turned on to the Nascar races)
                  Marv
                  77 E-250 4x4 van

Comment

Marv,

I am gathering you have the stand up scoring consoles with the scoring computer located in the (usually) odd lane console. Some installations have the scoring computer (lane group processor) located on the curtain wall.

The remote video pcb is plugged into the motherboard usually the right-hand pcb (as you are looking at it). It has 2 cables with black connectors coming out of the bottom (video signal to the overheads)and 2 cables about 2" below the top with the reddish brown connectors. The upper ones carry the global (TV) video signal from the A/V box at the desk to (usually) the first lane pair. It then daisy-chained (primary console to primary console) to the last lane primary console where there should be a terminator (a connector with resistors on it or a small 1 x 1.5 pcb attached to the connector) on the global video out connector of the remote video pcb. If the daisy chain is not connected or loose at some point(s) or if the terminator is missing, it can result in the issue you are having.

Ken

Comment

Thanks Ken,
                      After a long search I found the terminator on lane #1.
                      Changed out the TV video pcb on #29/30 and 1-34 straitened up.
                      (Very good discription on the cables and locations.)
                      Found on #35 console top cable from the A/V box. The ground wire with shrink tape on it was frayed with only 3 stans still holding it.
                      I managed to twist them together so it was making better contact.
                      #35&36 O.H.'s both had a strait picture on them.
                      I could wiggle the ground wire and and it would start to angle the other O.H.'s.
                      I'll have to replace the pin on it in the morning.
                      I sure learned a lot today about how these things work. "Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks?"
                      Thanks again, I'll let you know how my "pin replacment went"
                      Marv
                      77 E-250 4x4 van

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
                      Working...
                      X