Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as-90c monitors power cyling

Hi has anybody have some experiance with the upper and lower monitors cyleing on and off continously when they are turned on from the front desk the thing is its not consistent it happens some days and not others any help would be appreciated thanks

Re: as-90c monitors power cyling

Clean the connectors from AC board to power supply (molex plug), and both ends of the cable between the AC and I/O board, then check and adjust the 5 Volt supply.

Should have 5.0 at pins 1 and (either 5 or 6) of the CPU header. See page 60 of the console section of the service manual if unsure which is pin 1. When you have 5.0 at the header, check the 5 volt test points on the power supply, if it's more than 5.4, connectors are still grungy
    Find it http://www.bowltech.com/content/btub...141#Post266141

Comment

Thanks it seems to have worked we will see

Comment

Hmmm,maybe i'll try that too.
        I have a one lane that goes on/off by itself at times when it's allready turned on,other lane is fine.
        as90c.The 5 volts here are at about 5.25 i think and at another place they are at 5.45.

Comment

Nighthawk:

The place to check them is for 5.0 at the CPU header, double checking at the 5v is a way to figure out how good your connector maintenance is.

If the 5v checks out, and only one monitor is going on/off, do the forms/characters on the offending monitor.

His case was more obvious, since ALL the monitors were affected the power supply was most likely culprit.

Comment

I have a pair that will momentarily go out for a moment and then come back on, after people have been bowling for a while. The 5V adjustment was reading about 5.80~5.90 at the power supply, about 5.40 at the board. Brought it down to 5V at the CPU board a few weeks ago and haven't heard about it since. The other day I was up front and had to perform a score correction on both lanes (score never registered) and figured it happened again. Haven't looked at it since neither and no reports about it.

Comment

Might want to check the voltage again. It unsusual for it to go up that much. Could have a bad power supply.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Okay.Never did the cpu check but will do so asap. Is there an adjustment on the cpu for voltage or is that within the 5volt supply,i assume lower 5volt down some and voltage goes down on cpu also?
                I've done 5 volt supply checks and gains before so maybe just another pot to use for cpu?
                I may sound like...duh but...ya don't learn if ya don't ask!
                A few area's on consoles/overheads just don't seem to sink in sometimes...lol.
                Once i do one a pair of lanes i can do the rest,that may just be the cause of a few console lockup's now and then!!
                Hey...i may be onto something...lol.See...learning allready!!
                Guess i'm just a wanna be jedi knight learning from obewan...LOL.

Comment

There is only one adjustment for voltage and it's on the power supply. However it is a 2 part adjustment. The first part involves setting up the power supply to provide the correct current (done by measuring voltage on the power supply), and the second is where you actually set the 5VDC and it is measured from the CPU.

5 volt issues can definitely cause consoles to lock up at random. See you didn't need anyones help.
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

I feel so educated now...lol

Comment

Adam's right, for the older power supplies where I LIM is not glued, you should follow the book procedure.

For newer power supplies, where I LIM is glued in place, you can go straight to the CPU header and set it for 5.0

My bad there ... as I had one of the last production sets of AS-90 hardware, my I LIM pots were glued, I tend to forget that the older ones needed that adjustment

Comment

Okay...on my as90-c 5 volt supply i have 2 adjustment pots,one for the 5 volt(twords the ac-pcb panel on 5 v supply) and one twords the rear of console,i assume that one is for console 5 volt adjustment.I did at least get to 2 pairs of consoles where the supply read about 5.45-5.50 and dropped that down to 5.5v and so far that has helped but i know i need to complete adjustments fully.
                        Questions for the f5 HV pcb.
                        Can you solider on wire(s),is it okay to do so?
                        I ask since someone cut off the ground wire and maybe another and told me to just steal one from the pcb i need to take out and solider it onto the other pcb.I don't like stealing parts to make another work and,not even sure if the HV i put in will even function...NO,no spare HV pcb's laying around either!
                        This one lane has a history of going through HV pcb's,at least 2 in a year it seem's,could a bad tube effect that? How often do those neck boards go bad,maybe that has an issue also?

Comment

I would agree with cleaning the connectors. This is a common problem with Molex connectors. I have also seen loose connectors do this, as well. I have recently begun replacing connectors with gold plated molex pins and problems have dropped significantly. I will get part numbers and post them here. I got some free samples from Molex and tried them. Visit www.molex.com for more information. For loose pins I get a small pair of needle-nosed pliers and extract the female pins and slightly squeeze them back together to tighten them. I used to do this with the 79 scanners regularly and it cut down on misscores and other issues.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse