Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

Installed Duo scoring 4 years ago, at the time the people doing the install could not figure out why the scoring wouldn't tie into the machines. I'm tired of only have a part of my system. Putting in new synthetic lanes, gutters with up rails that will also tie into the computer to raise and lower during open play. I'd like to have a complete system by time league starts next fall. Will pay well any one who can do this for me.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

What are you missing?
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Unlike other versions of Comscore, DUO has contacts available in the MIB for bumper control. Failing that you can use the serial interface which controls the bumpers via a background app.
      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
      Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

As far as I know I'm missing nothing, They had 1 & 2 fully hooked up and couldn't get them to interface with the machine chassis. Unknown as to why they wont interface with chassis, Have expander boards in chassis.

Comment

What machine are you interfacing to? Do you have some photos of your connections? It should be fairly straight forward but we're going to need a little more information. Be glad to do what we can.

Comment

Have 82-70's, old 5 board chassis converted to single board with expanders.

Comment

The DUO is only capable of interfacing with the basic 82-70 with on/off, cycle, and foul detection. This is indicated in the first pic below captured from the DUO manual. With the expander you should be able to pick up additional features as indicated in the second pic below. As indicated previously, we need to know more about what you have in order to try to help you determine what needs to be done. For example, if the installers only installed the basic features using the standard cable, then that is all your going to get and no settings will change this. You need to make sure the DMO-70MK and DME-70MK cables were used. That is why I asked for the pictures to see if we could determine how you were setup.

While I like the Comscore system, I wasn't pleased with the installers they sent to install our system and I spend several months after the installers left getting everything working correctly. A person shouldn't have to do this but sometimes it's the easiest solution when dealing with untrained individuals. Fortunately I have the knowledge that allowed me to be able to do that but not every center has this. Are you looking for someone to help walk you through this or are you looking for someone to come to your center and help you out?

So back to the basics. You have had the system for 4 years so I assume you have some features working or you are the most patient person in the world. Do you have basic control i.e. on/off, cycle and foul detection from the scoring system to the machine? What features don't you have that you would like to have or at least feel like you should have?

As far as the bumpers go, you should be able to interface these directly to the DUO system irregardless of how the machine is hooked up so that shouldn't be a major issue. What type (make & model) of bumpers are you installing?

Attached Files

Comment

I'd like pin indication so I can get rid of the finger wires, also like to have short cycle,I do have on/off cycle & foul.

Comment

prety sure that you will need cameras for the scoring if you dont have them not like the gs machines dont need cameras
                  im never wrong just askme

Comment

I have Cameras

Comment

1) Make sure the machine is wired per the attached picture. You have to have the 3rd cable that plugs into the expander board or nothing that follows will help. The expander board is what makes the features you want possible. There should be an led on the expander board that lights up when this connection is properly made.

Edit: You should have a total of 6 cables at the DUO machine connection port. 3 for the odd lane and 3 for the even.

2) Ensure your Pinsetter Model Type in the Setup Wizard is set to AMF 82_70MP as per the special note in step 2 of the installation manual shown below.

3) Set the appropriate settings for this machine type to enable the features you want.

4) The Take Data Delay in the Fine Setting of Pinsetter Time Delay may require adjusting. The default is 3 seconds, however, if table movement starts before this time delay completes then the aps data input can't perform the functions you want and the machine will operate without short stroke, sweep reversal, etc. If take data delay is set to short then wobbling pins won't have time to fall and if set to long then the deck will move before aps data is received. You can set it shorter to make sure data is received and then adjust it from there. It's a delicate balance with a definite end stop on the long end.

5) The sweep reversal modification must have been completed for this function to work.

This should get you started. If your still having troubles after this or if something isn't clear then let me know.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by exMech; 05-16-2017, 03:55 AM.

Comment

yup Got a book with the same pics, spent last 2 days trying to get them to work. Nothing I do will work, About ready to try a 12 gauge

Comment

When you plug the scoring into the expander board, does the led on the expander board light up indicating you have power and communications?

There should be a jumper in the middle of the expander board. This should be in the bottom position to disable the table cable.

Comment

Not sure, Cant work on it right now. The guys are here to install the new lanes,bumper gutters, capping, masking & refinish the approaches.

Comment

When it rains it pours, Had a 18 foot section of lane fall off a cart on my right foot. Broke 2 bones in that foot, now I wont be doing much of ANYTHING for 6 weeks

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick B-10's Hollar House

Took a trip back in time to the classic “Hollar House”. The lanes went in in 1908. There was no ABC but according to the current operator, Tom, it became sanctioned when...

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...
                              Working...
                              X