X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old-school-mechanic
    started a topic Need Help

Need Help

Installed Duo scoring 4 years ago, at the time the people doing the install could not figure out why the scoring wouldn't tie into the machines. I'm tired of only have a part of my system. Putting in new synthetic lanes, gutters with up rails that will also tie into the computer to raise and lower during open play. I'd like to have a complete system by time league starts next fall. Will pay well any one who can do this for me.

• old-school-mechanic
    replied
    oh ya
    A number of times, Heck they even brought out a new board. Put it in and spent 20 minutes trying to get it to work. About that time I noticed that there was no wires coming off the chassis going into the wire way. At this point I was told that the contract states they don't do wiring at the machine. When I bought this I was told I would have a fully functioning scoring system when they left. They wired in the A&MC box. And I don't ever recall reading anything about not wiring to machines. But now they got the money and I got the shaft.

Leave a comment:

• Kanga (James)
    replied
    Old School, have you tried contacting Computer Score directly to see if they can sort something out with the installer?

Leave a comment:

• old-school-mechanic
    replied
    Update ........ Figured out why 1 & 2 wouldn't work, It seems the install crew NEVER wired from chassis to wire way. also the wiring from camera to chassis is backwards. I should of went with a different scoring system. But then hind site is always 100%. So Since I'm still not getting around the best, anyone in the neighborhood that could wire me up a pair of lanes and correct this wiring? Or just complete this install so I get a complete system, as this company will NOT do so. As promises don't mean anything any more, and they already been paid. Have the same problem with AMF and 3 panels that need replaced (defective flaw) and have not received them. I'm also suppose to get different panel masks, as they sent me the wrong ones. but since they got they're money, I'm not hearing much of anything. From now on I'm not paying ANYONE till I get a complete job.

Leave a comment:

• exMech
    replied
    Wow tough break. Sorry about the pun I couldn't resist. There are better ways to get the summer off. How are the rest of your modifications going. Smoothly I hope. If I get to Omaha this summer I'll see about the few extra miles but I may go the other way. Who knows. Take care of the foot.

Leave a comment:

• old-school-mechanic
    replied
    Any of you brainiacts happen to get into western Iowa, Stop by Carroll Bowl & say Hi, see if you can figure out why this **** wont work.

Leave a comment:

• PJ
    replied
    Ouch

Leave a comment:

• old-school-mechanic
    replied
    When it rains it pours, Had a 18 foot section of lane fall off a cart on my right foot. Broke 2 bones in that foot, now I wont be doing much of ANYTHING for 6 weeks

Leave a comment:

• old-school-mechanic
    replied
    Not sure, Cant work on it right now. The guys are here to install the new lanes,bumper gutters, capping, masking & refinish the approaches.

Leave a comment:

• exMech
    replied
    When you plug the scoring into the expander board, does the led on the expander board light up indicating you have power and communications?

There should be a jumper in the middle of the expander board. This should be in the bottom position to disable the table cable.

Leave a comment:

• old-school-mechanic
    replied
    yup Got a book with the same pics, spent last 2 days trying to get them to work. Nothing I do will work, About ready to try a 12 gauge

Leave a comment:

• exMech
    replied
    1) Make sure the machine is wired per the attached picture. You have to have the 3rd cable that plugs into the expander board or nothing that follows will help. The expander board is what makes the features you want possible. There should be an led on the expander board that lights up when this connection is properly made.

Edit: You should have a total of 6 cables at the DUO machine connection port. 3 for the odd lane and 3 for the even.

2) Ensure your Pinsetter Model Type in the Setup Wizard is set to AMF 82_70MP as per the special note in step 2 of the installation manual shown below.

3) Set the appropriate settings for this machine type to enable the features you want.

4) The Take Data Delay in the Fine Setting of Pinsetter Time Delay may require adjusting. The default is 3 seconds, however, if table movement starts before this time delay completes then the aps data input can't perform the functions you want and the machine will operate without short stroke, sweep reversal, etc. If take data delay is set to short then wobbling pins won't have time to fall and if set to long then the deck will move before aps data is received. You can set it shorter to make sure data is received and then adjust it from there. It's a delicate balance with a definite end stop on the long end.

5) The sweep reversal modification must have been completed for this function to work.

This should get you started. If your still having troubles after this or if something isn't clear then let me know.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by exMech; 05-16-2017, 02:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• old-school-mechanic
    replied
    I have Cameras

Leave a comment:

• justaskme
    replied
    prety sure that you will need cameras for the scoring if you dont have them not like the gs machines dont need cameras

Leave a comment:

• old-school-mechanic
    replied
    I'd like pin indication so I can get rid of the finger wires, also like to have short cycle,I do have on/off cycle & foul.

Leave a comment:

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse