Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrix Box stuck on Loading screen

During our leagues today, the Matrix box on 7-12 overheated and rebooted itself, it does this ALOT and the other 2 boxes never overheat, but this time, its frozen on the "Loading" screen on all 6 lanes and never gets out of it. Tried rebooting from the box and shutting off the breaker to all 3 boxes and TV's and restoring power, the boxes on 1-6 and 13-16 loaded up fine and fast, but the box on 7-12 still is stuck on the boot up screen.
    Luckily we had a spare box never used and replaced the box with this one, but this box has a 2004 firmware on it(normal box had a Feb 2008 firmware on it) and it has the problem to where the "Play" and "Clear" button images are swapped on the End of game screen, and so people hit the Clear button instead of the Play button and it turned off the lane. I cant update any of the boxes because there is no room on the desk computer for some of the files it needs to get. One more thing I noticed is that with the spare box, it also takes a while for it to boot up compared to the other 2 boxes.
    Any help to get the original box to boot up again would be appreciated.

To diagnose the startup issue you'll need a keyboard and monitor to plug directly into the box. The monitor must be plugged into the VGA plug on the box, not the VGA splitter cables. The box is just a pc with Windows XP on it so you will see the Bios boot screen and XP loading screen. You might find it is PSU related and/or a dead bios battery. Two likely problems are the Bios battery being flat which means the bios can't remember settings after power cycling. The other is the PSU not providing enough power to the hardware for it to stay running. Both problems are fixable.

The slow booting of the new box will be the default bios setting that has it test the RAM three times versus none, the latter is what the others would be set to. This doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it though.

To update the software on the new box you should be able to push the files from P drive. When you say there's no room on the desk computer for the files do you mean P drive is hosted on that computer? Or do you have a NAS for P drive?
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Alright, I can go see what I can do in a few days. I believe the P drive is hosted on the computer.

Comment

Update- Turns out it was a faulty power supply, after replacing it the box booted up fine.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the update.
          Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
          Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
          seems like pms were not done in a long time
          and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
          Working...
          X