Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comscore Matrix Software Issue

We had an issue yesterday where we could not send out lanes using Open Play. This included regular games and time bowling. The only way we can send out lanes is using Pay After. We can also send out leagues just fine. When we try Open Play, the "transaction" completes just fine, but it never actually sends the lanes out. There isn't any error message. The lanes remain blank. I backed up our league data, put a fresh copy of the software on the Comscore host, and restored the league data. This solved the issue for 1 day, then the exact same issue returned. Any Tips?

It sounds like you need an "Emergency Validation". This will affect the Comscore lane database files (which it sounds like where your problem is).

In WnMenu.exe -> Repair-> Emergency Validation. Read and follow the instructions in red and perform one function at a time.

Let us know how you go.
    Last edited by Kanga (James); 01-28-2020, 04:03 PM. Reason: Corrected my misuse of puter terminology.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Any updates on the issue?
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Hi James,

Sorry, I hadn't seen your reply yet. In addition to the issues with the computers not sending out open play, we also had issues across the house of lanes giving out a 4 or a 5 score randomly. I retrieved our fresh copies of the software for the Matrix boxes and the computers, backed up league and POS data, and put fresh copies of the appropriate software on everything. Then, I restored our league and POS data and adjusted the settings to match how they were before. I forgot about the Emergency Validation and probably should have done that first. At any rate, all of the mentioned issues are now resolved.

But, now, on lanes 23-24, twice today they started scoring a strike on every ball. In the replay, the video feed was just blue. This happened twice today and was resolved each time by rebooting the matrix box. I put the same fresh copy of the software on all 4 of our matrix boxes, and configured them the same way, but 23-24 is the only pair having this issue.

Comment

Ok, cool. Glad the wost appears to be over.

The camera image issue could be related to the camera coax and/or the power connection to it, or lastly the camera or MIB itself. I'd also test the voltage at the camera plug to make sure there isn't a voltage drop to the point the camera cuts out.

I tend not to think this is software related because it should affect all 6 lanes if it were. The Matrix software processes a single video image with all 6 lanes in that one image. The MIB's are responsible for stacking the picture of each of the three pairs and providing that image to the Matrix box. The box then views the top, middle or bottom third of that image for the score process.
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

So, the issue on 23-24 was the camera itself. Once it happened again, we unplugged and reconnected the camera cables, which didn't help, then hooked up a different camera, which resolved the issue. All is well now.

Thanks for the help, I definitely would have suspected the software since we had just replaced it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse