Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Support

Does anybody know where I can get a pdf file of how to install cameras and how to adjust them for Computer Score Scoring version 4. Also have Zot plus TDM's and need to know if they are involved with scoring at all. Also have odd lanes misscoring. It only happens on 2nd ball and once in a while when theres pins on deck it will score a spare. When it scores late is when it throws up spare when its not suppose to.
    Is there a number for tech support ?

It use to be John at Best Scoring. I'm not sure if he still does it. If you do a search you should find his number, or you could google it.

By version 4 are you referring to ECT version 4? There's two camera types used for ECT. One is a B&W CCD and the other is a scanner. I have the manual for the latter.

Assuming it is ECT, the TDM isn't usually connected to the scoring.

With A-2's this version had several methods for knowing when to score. One was the switch cluster attached to the detector, then there was a rake switch kit, then there was ball detector version, and then it was through the ccd camera that watched the deck height. Which one you have will determine how to correct miss scoring.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

It is the B&W CCD. I don't have the switch clusters. So I'm assuming its scoring by ball detect ? The installer said when the rack dropped thats when it was telling it to score. He put reflector tape on rake boards. Then he also put the tape on deck sheilds. We have no idea when and how its scoring at all. Is it the rake board ? Is it the ball detect ? Also when aliening cameras do the vertical white lines have to touch the tops of the pins ? If it is the ball detect version for scoring we need to know what happens when ball breaks beam.

Comment

Cool.

You don't need ball detectors for that system. The cameras looks at the deck, not the rake. Having the white card on the rake will only confuse the system. The white card on the deck should be at the lowest point on the shield. It knows which ball the machine is on because of the height of the deck.

Adjusting the camera is very simple. It need only be horizontally and vertically level, not too bright or dark; good contrast goes a loooong way. Reflection from the curtain is notoriously problematic on this system so you need to make sure the curtain isn't shiny or buckled.

After the camera position is set you must do a configure from Control Lanes.
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Thank you Kanga. Do I use the reflector tape or something like an index white card to signal camera ?

Comment

A pain white piece of paper will do, laminated preferably.

Be sure you do the configure after the pit light has had time to reach it's max brightness.
            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

OK Thank you again. Let Ya know how it goes.Jjust remembered. The cameras are mounted on a bracket above the ball return track due to no room between A machines. cameras are not mounted on capping. The ball has to go under the brackets. Hope the cameras are not to high.
              Last edited by duds99; 09-28-2016, 09:09 AM.

Comment

That is the preferred anchoring for their cameras; It's also the best.
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Ok Great

Comment

Did put white card on deck shield. Still have the same problem with scoring about every 5 frames only on second ball. When you miss a spare with pins on deck it will score a spare

Comment

When it scores on second ball does it see the deck at 190 degrees as its coming down to set new pins and then it takes a picture ?

Comment

I believe it notices the clearing of the pins (nothing to do with the rake) while "recording" the score and goes back in time to get the pin count it saw before the pins disappeared from view.

In this instance I would increase the brightness via the lens. I use an LCD screen plugged straight into the camera for this because if you have CRT's you can get fooled with the actual brightness/contrast the camera is seeing. It's a lot quicker too.

If that has no affect try swapping the curtain with a working lane.
                        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Ok Let you know in abit what happens. Mech checking now. I'm not there at this time.

Comment

After talking to Mech he got the one bad lane fixed. I gave him John's number and he told him how to adjust the brightness. Now just one bad pair left. Could be a timing issue with camera. John is going to call mech back and tell him how to do that.

Thank You Kanga !! And for the phone number for John.

Comment

No worries. Let me know the resolution for the others. If there's other tricks out there I wanna know.
                              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick B-10's Hollar House

Took a trip back in time to the classic “Hollar House”. The lanes went in in 1908. There was no ABC but according to the current operator, Tom, it became sanctioned when...

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...
                              Working...
                              X