Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need assistance selecting a scoring system for mini-bowling

I have built a mini-bowling lane complete with pinsetter, You can view it here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjFlVwzsr64 I would like to incorporate automatic scoring into it. I am looking for a camera based system that can operate stand alone. I obviously don't need front desk or back office hardware/software. Any assistance with helping me to figure out what I can use is greatly appreciated.

If you are looking for a scoring system, pretty much anything out there will work. The only thing you will need is a switch that will make connectivity once the sweep lowers to advise the system to score. The accuscore series also requires a second ball light/ signal to let the scoring system know that it is on second ball, or it won't score any marks on the second ball. Basically it requires a 12vdc signal to accomplish that. I believe there are other scoring systems out there that don't require the second ball signal, but not sure on that one.

There are the systems out there that use beam detection, but the one I had would not register half scale balls unless I threw it really slow. I just purchased several lanes of accu-plus scoring. It requires targets to adjust the camera, but from what I understand its a very reliable system. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet though. PM me if you need more info. Also Ted is an excellent resource, he used scoring on 1/3 scale bowling (Q-Bowling).
    If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Originally posted by theultimateandy View Post
      If you are looking for a scoring system, pretty much anything out there will work. The only thing you will need is a switch that will make connectivity once the sweep lowers to advise the system to score. The accuscore series also requires a second ball light/ signal to let the scoring system know that it is on second ball, or it won't score any marks on the second ball. Basically it requires a 12vdc signal to accomplish that. I believe there are other scoring systems out there that don't require the second ball signal, but not sure on that one.

There are the systems out there that use beam detection, but the one I had would not register half scale balls unless I threw it really slow. I just purchased several lanes of accu-plus scoring. It requires targets to adjust the camera, but from what I understand its a very reliable system. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet though. PM me if you need more info. Also Ted is an excellent resource, he used scoring on 1/3 scale bowling (Q-Bowling).
      Not sure who Ted is. What's his user name here? And I may be in touch with you regarding scoring questions. You're way more of an expert on it than I am. The only center I worked at back in the day got it right before I left the place for a job in corporate america, so I never got familiar with it.

Comment

Ted is his name and it's also his username. I definitely wouldn't call myself an expert in scoring systems, but I know the components of them and how to get them to function.
        If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Originally posted by theultimateandy View Post
          Ted is his name and it's also his username. I definitely wouldn't call myself an expert in scoring systems, but I know the components of them and how to get them to function.
          Found him. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the confidence guys. I spoke with him about the choices he has to interface scoring with his 1/2 scale lane. I'll be first in line to buy a ticket to witness this wonder of the bowling world and the auto scoring he decides on.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Cool, thanks Ted. I have an Accurscore Plus system with the old cameras that require the targets for adjusting the camera. I will be making some half scale targets and trying out the system in a few weeks, should be interesting to say the least.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
              seems like pms were not done in a long time
              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
              Working...
              X