the good ol' Dacos Scorekeeper

Adsense Classic 1

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the good ol' Dacos Scorekeeper

Good day everyone,
    I will be (trying) to setup a Dacos ScoreKeeper system on a small two lane bowling alley using Brunswick Model A pinsetters.

I believe that I have all of the equipment that I need to get it all hooked up, but I do not have a wiring diagram or schematic for how everything hooks up. Would anyone have a copy of the manual or a wiring diagram for this system?

I found one post from ProTech ( back in 2004 that said some troubleshooting papers and schematics were at but this site is gone and does not appear to be part of

Scoring systems discussion and other scoring systems not covered by above forums

I have been poking around on the cards and think I have a general idea on how everything hooks up. I will be posting some images with pinouts and later on a general wiring diagram. The images will be linked to my own hosting so that I can update them and make changes as I go along.

Here is an image of the lane card, it has dual VGA chipsets along with a PLD used in digitizing the lane camera images (this input is multiplexed on the console IO board that I will be posting a picture of later). There are also two dual-UART chips that talk to the console IO board via the 8pin RJ45 connector. The two mini-din-6 connectors are both for overhead (or sometimes console) video. The image has a pinout as well as a basic adapter, but it appears the overhead displays are driving it at a refresh rate (15khz maybe?) that the monitors I have here wont sync to. I will get text video as the Encore software loads, but it shows "out of range" once loaded

Adsense Classic 2

Haven't actually done any welding for years, so I was up to the challenge when I found this machine that was having problem setting the head pin.
    Someone had welded this...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick All - Bearing Life

In relation to the recent “B Shaft” failure, I thought I would throw this subject on the table for discussion. I remember when I attended a “Bearing Life” seminar long...

Foul Light LED Mod

Here is a mod I came up with for a foul light unit. I was able to remove the old indicator light bulbs and replace them with ultra bright white LEDs. This should work for about...