Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purrfect Score Help

Wednesday night our front desk went down and i can't get it to come back on line. It just keeps saying unable to connect to server. I been trying to get ahold of Dave at Purrfectscore but noone answers. I'm running in standalone mode now, but we're so busy it's looking like it's going to be a long weekend. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve H

Re: Purrfect Score Help

Try rebooting desk and back office computer,also pull the powerplug from the modem and plug it back in and make sure the lane client is on at the front terminal. I hope that helps,those are my only guesses!
    70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
    Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Fixumup, left you a PM. You can call my cell.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Keeth:
        Those were the first things i checked. Thanks for the quick responce. It turned out to be in the configuratin files of the server and the desk. On the IP address line it was missing a simi-colon in front of it. Think it did have something to do with the modem as you mentioned. Normally i can track down address problems fast but i didn't even notice it missing.

Again thanks for your help
        Steve H

Comment

I think something else was going on. If you put a semicolon in front of text in an .ini file, the program ignores that line.
          Depending on if you are using newer desk software with the database server, this line actually tells the purrfect desk and lane client where the server is.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ted:

It was Dave from Purrfect score that told me to do that. I'm not real sure on what the reason was but it started working. He said monday he would get in there and find out what the problem was.
            Steve H

Comment

Steve your welcome.Sometimes if you have a powerflick or whatever the modem can just stop and Dave got me going once for the same issue. Pulling the powerplug on the modem and plugging back in I guess reboots the modem so front can talk to back. Keeth
              70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
              Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Ted i just sent you another PM.

They have to run it in Stand alone until Monday.
                Lanes or monitors aren't responding most of the time and warm or cold starts only end up having to restart the front desk computer to get the comm back.
                Steve H

Comment

Just wanted to update this thread. One of the problems we found other than the address line being wrong was some one went in and tried to change the center name. So it would work for about 15 minutes and then go down again. All this trouble because someone was being Bored. It's been running fine every since. Thanks for the help.
                  Steve H

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse