Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Conversion

Does anybody know of a LCD Conversion for the old Medes System? Would like to upgrade to LCD's but am not sure of the H & V Sync rates as there are no schematics? Currently have Wells Gardner U2000 CRT's.

Re: LCD Conversion

I'm pretty sure the U2000 is a CGA monitor, and you'd need to do the same thing as they're doing for AccuScore Plus as in http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...310#post297310 and the topics it links to.

U2000 schematic (pdf)
    U2000 monitor control board (pdf)

Comment

Thanks for the info Deb. I know that the output from the monitor control board is CGA but I don't know if there is any special sync issues. It seems too easy to just hook up a CGA to VGA converter on the output and plug into an LCD. Though I do hope it is this easy...I wish I could get my hands on some manuals or schematics but to my understanding when Mendes went under all of the physical assests were aquired but the actual design and schematics were all retained by the designer and he won't release any!

Comment

Look on the bottom of the CRT chassis to see if there's a diagram with the pin assignments for the video input connector. The Wells Gardner CRTs used in the AccuScore LowBoy have one; they also have what sure looks like the same monitor board input connector as the U2000. You can also just use trial and error (as both rd and BurghBowler did with AccuScore) until it works correctly. I'm pretty sure you can't hurt anything.

Comment

Off topic, but I also found this: Troubleshooting the U2000

Comment

Thanks again Deb. I did download the schematic & block diagram for the U2000. There is an adapter from the Mendes monitor control board output to the U2000 input. I believe this was because the Mendes has a 6 pin output to the U2000's 10 pin input. I'm planning on hooking up an o-scope to verify the horizontal and verticle sync pulses and wire placement. Will post as soon as I figure something out.

Comment

Deb, the Wells monitor that he refers to above is an XGA monitor. He would need to follow the steps in the Accu+ threads to move to LCD. If they were VGA it would be a plug and play swap, possibly needing to only field convert a VGA termination on the monitor side.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse