Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic question

We have Qubica scoring on partially converted A's. Started to replace TDMs with clear box encased relays like in a powerlift electrical box. There are only 3 wires going in and out of relay.

When the machine triggers new relay sends a charge for only a couple seconds at most to seloniod. We are looking for a capacitor or something to hold the charge longer to the seloniod for 4- 5 seconds. Anyone have an idea? And would that capacitor go on the incoming power wire, or the outgoing ppwer wire?

thanks

Just curious why you want such a long pulse time?

I remember someone mentioning that there's a setting in Qubica scoring to adjust this timing.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I'm certain that the pulse is adjustable in the Qubica camera parameter setup. Been about 10 years since I last played around in the software setup, so I can't guide you. Hopefully someone will chip in soon to help you out.

Comment

Your not going to be able to do this by just putting a capacitor across it. You will need a small time delay circuit, which is not a big deal. But I am also curious as to why you want such a long delay. I know as solenoids get weaker they don't react as fast but 2 seconds seems like it should be long enough. As soon as the clutch latch is pulled out, the solenoids job is done. You may be better off leaving the tdm board intact and have the scoring fire the tdm which will then give you a delay. I also agree there should be a setting to extend the trigger time in the scoring.

Comment

Time delay boards are a antiquated part. They can be easily replaced by a simple cube relay. If you haven't the capacity to adjust the delay through your scoring system, you will need a timer relay. These relays are simple, cheap and easily sourced locally.

Comment

Qubica Conqueror versions around 2 with Brunswick pinsetters and Six boxes have a place in pinsetter parameters to check a box for short pulse. Short pulse is supposed to be used with solenoids mounted on detectors. If you see a check mark in that box, uncheck it.

Because the Qubica cycle signal goes into the time delay module the same way the reset buttons do, you will get the same pulse width with either a time delay module or relay.

Comment

Originally posted by pinchuck View Post
              We have Qubica scoring on partially converted A's. Started to replace TDMs with clear box encased relays like in a powerlift electrical box. There are only 3 wires going in and out of relay.

thanks
              Was that a typo? I think you need 2 low voltage wires and 2 high voltage wires on that relay.

Comment

You are correct Me Badwrench. There are 4 wires. 3 on one side, one out the other.

Only setting we could get through qubica was to have it keep pulsing until the seloniod triggers. It will pulse 2 seconds stop pulse again, stop...until it finally pulls clutch latch out. Sometimes takes 3 to 4 pulses to trigger. FM wants one long pulse to trigger. I will pass on what you told me to him
                .thanks

Comment

Have you looked at the solenoid adjustment including the vertical alignment between the plunger and connecting link?

You can rub a candle against the shaft of the plunger to reduce friction and aid response.
                  Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

If you push the reset button at the rear of the pinsetter for half a second and it doesn't make the solenoid plunger pull in all the way you have something wrong. Either something mechanical is binding, a spring is too strong, or you wired a 208-240 volt solenoid up to 120 volts. Two seconds will overheat the solenoid during regular bowling.

Comment

Here is the procedure. And as James stated, alignment is critical to insure No Mechanical Binding which could burn up the coil or cause cycling problems. Keep all linkage well oiled and use the O-ring on the pin, not an x-washer.

Adjust Cycle Solenoid.pdf
                      Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

You can also do that adjustment at 0. The only difference is you need to push down the actuator at the same time. I shoot for 1/16 when at 0, which gets you the 1/8 at 180. There is one other way, I just can't remember.
                        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Thanks guys. I had to adjust a solenoid tonight. After I did, it stopped pulsing and triggered on first jolt. All the best,

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Detector Rod Adjustment

I am currently doing my first detector rod adjustment. The first thing the book tells you to do is adjust the gap between the oor controller and the blocking surface on the detector...

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...
                          Working...
                          X