Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• six box ?

I had the cover off a six box during league last night so I could use the LED's to help troubleshoot a problem, and I was wondering if there is any reason I shouldn't replace the covers on all our six boxes with plexiglass.

Re: six box ?

Nope. I'm hoping to have the time to do such a conversion at some point. Or maybe the Q will make such an upgrade at some point.
    Would also like something a little better for the wires running into the six box. Maybe a way to take the board out of the box with the wires still attached. That way a pinchaser could mount a new board in there and start swapping wires over one at a time. Instead of taking all the wires off first, removing board, installing new one then hoping they get all the wires back into the right places.

Comment

i agree badwrench. i too have taken off a six box cover and had to tap a relay to get a lane to come on, and thought it nice to see the indicators for trouble shooting down the road. i only have the two six box covers i had trouble with.

Comment

We replaced the covers on our F-boxes with 1/8 inch polycarbonate (more flexible and less prone to cracking than plexiglass). We have had no problems at all and like being able to see second ball and cycle activity from behind the machine.

As far as wiring is concerned, on the F-box the wires are seated in edge connectors, so it's merely a matter of unplugging the connectors, swapping boards and plugging back in.

RR

Comment

I like the idea of a Plexiglas cover. For quick change out of the six box, I made and installed a harness with a 24 pin plug (with gold plated pins) so that the whole unit can be swapped out with another. These plugs can be obtained at any electronics specialty business like Digi-Key or Allied electronics. This is not only a time saver but is also idiot proof.

Triac

Comment

In all the years we've had our Q system, I've never had to mess with the sixboxes... ever. They always seemed to run neatly and quietly. I've had one XLMP go out that I had to replace. Seemed like all of our issues were up on the approach or behind the counter. The backend stuff always worked good.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:
              In all the years we've had our Q system, I've never had to mess with the sixboxes... ever.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I too have never had a bad six-box. But, I have had one of my “B”s change one out twice trying to troubleshoot a problem. This is one reason I installed plugs.

Although my plugs are polarity correct (so they cant plug in wrong)…I guess I shouldn’t say the setup is idiot proof. I’m sure an idiot would not kill the power to the VDB first.

Triac

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse