Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad vdb

I had a vdb go out last night. We have the OVR system. Anyone got any extra vdb's for sale?

Re: Bad vdb

What caused the VDB to stop working ? would be locating a cause before dropping in another VDB. Have you got power at the VDB, if not post back.

Your problem maybe a faulty power board only, which can be fixed locally if not in house.

Shawn

Comment

had power to vdb also checked all com lines for breaks and shorts moved vdb to another pair and problem followed.

Comment

I need to know more about checking any other problems. vdb will be here from Q tommorrow I hope.

Comment

headpin,

I've always been afraid to open a vdb in fear of voiding the warranty and getting stuck with paying the high price for a vdb. I just had a vdb go out on me with the same problem. Power to the vdb, nothing comming from the vdb. Moved it and the problem followed. My problem is qubica likes to mess with me when it comes to parts. I've thought about taking the system out, loading it on a truck and taking it back to them and dropping it in their parking lot. What kind of a place would fix our faults vdbs?
          Money is everything when your racin' and placin'

Comment

I've only repaired the power supply board all other problems with the VDB and I have to send back to our Aust distribuitor, most times they can repair otherwise they send to Italy.

Our system is way past the warranty stage so I don't worry about opening anything up to look for obvious signs of a problem.

When you say power to the VDB and nothing coming out, does that mean nothing on the monitor/no communication, etc or are you saying the unit isn't powering up, if its the latter you can easily repair in house......if I can do it, anyone can, electronics confuse me real quick.

If you do end up sending the VDB away for repair, a little trick I use to help me in the future is, get yourself a ultra-violet pen and individually mark every component on the board with a little dot, after recieving the unit back from repair put the unit under the UV light and see what components have been replaced, this will give you some insight on what components to check in the future.

You would not believe some of the bills we have recieved for repairs to VDB's, when I look at the board, there's only a few components replaced, I realize that it takes time to track these problems down but $1500 buys a lot time considering the parts cost less than $10!

Shawn

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse