Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which LCD TV?

We're tired of replacing monitor boards in our Fenice units so we're going to convert to flat screen TVs. I know there are systems available from various bowling vendors. I'm interested to hear if anyone has just gone to a store and bought brand name TVs and how you like them.
    If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Re: Which LCD TV?

Jack, In most cases, you'll have to convert the output to VGA, at least, to get it to show on the monitors you can buy OTC. I think that you'll see less VGA inputs in these monitors as time goes on.
    So then begs the question, do I convert to VGA or better when I buy conversion packages - or kits.
    I think one has to weigh the cost of the original conversion to VGA TVs to replacement monitors that will accept component, HDMI and DVI signals so you won't be changing monitors to a new standard as time goes on.
    Bottom line, I think VGA inputs will go the wayside - (like composite) in the years to come, so one might consider the higher resolutuions now to avoid converting to a soon-to-be absolete standard.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Re: Which LCD TV?

That's something i hadn't even considered, Ted. AFAIK flat screen televisions still have composite inputs and I assumed that you just obtained the proper cable to go from the VDBs to the composite input of the TV.

One thing I was concerned with is the different aspect ratio. Obviously we want to be able to fill the screen.

Cost is a big consideration here. I wanted to see if I could do better than the outfits that sell conversion kits.
      If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse