Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing a monitor

Hello All (Especially Jim Osdale or any Steltronics tech),

I should preface everything I am about to type with the statement, I am a 82/70 guy, with AMF ACCUScore+. I am not completely computer illiterate. I have been elected to work on a residential installation with two lanes. The pinspotters are 82/90xl with silver chassis, and Steltronics scoring with Stand Alone and API boxes. Here is some what I believe to be pertinent information that comes up when turning on things and booting (In no particular order):

"Steltronic mpLoader v4.21 IBCMS
    "Steltronic LM16-v1.13.26
    "Lane #1 without server"
    "Detection Linear CCD"
    Free Mem 64575
    "API Version: FA (Wins API):"
    "Pin Det ver: CA"
    "StandAloneMode: 1"

The issues have been, pinspotters not coming on, and monitors (usually the even lane) not coming up with a picture of any kind. I have swapped the chassis with a known good one, and the pinspotters come on now as they should. I still have the issue of no picture on the even monitor. The monitors are what look to be around 42" flatscreens, Steltronics logo on the middle bottom on the unit, with a led light power indicator located on the right, bottom of the unit. It appears that the signal for the monitors comes from the Stand Alone box (in the form of a CAT5 cable) to a small box behind the monitor. The other side of the small box has what looks like a typical VGA, serial looking cable that plugs into the monitor. So, I am assuming the small box might be a signal convertor? Anyway, one other thing I have noticed is the LED light on the bottom right of the monitor stays amber even after everything boots, while the one odd lane turns green.
    We can bowl one frame on the even lane (one without a picture), and using the same keystrokes to turn off the odd lane, we use on the even lane, and they shut down normally.
    If I can get the picture up on the even lane, I would be good to go. I am about to try swapping the "convertor" boxes, and running a new Cat5 to see if then I get a signal to the even lane (one with no picture). Believe me when I say, I am open to ANY suggestions.

Thank in advance,

Leyton Collins

PS,

Sorry for the novel.

Leyton at Tahoe

Does anybody from Steltronic monitor this forum?
    Leyton at Tahoe

Comment

Jim just posted in here a couple of days ago.

I will shoot him a note.

Mike
      Mike Wilson
      Bowl-Tech Inc.

Comment

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the shout oout. Hope it helps.

Leyton
        Leyton at Tahoe

Comment

Give the guys at Steltronic support a call. Their tech support is excellent, and free. (909) 971-9656. I also have a 2 lane stand-alone that I service, this one has A-2s though. I'm sure that there is some settings in the VLC that may be set up wrong. If the VLC can connect to the internet, Steltronic can access it remotely.

Comment

Well, I've left two phone call messages with tech support at the number Ritzmech posted. I've left two emails with the tech support link in the Steltronics website. I've left my posts here.......................ALL WITH NO RESPONSES. Outside of flying there, not sure what to do next to get a hold of somebody. I realize I'm not a 60 lane center, that has spent/or will spend a lot of money with Steltronics, but some kind of reply would be nice. Sorry to sound rude, but I'm getting frustrated.

Leyton in Tahoe
            Leyton at Tahoe

Comment

Let me preface this by saying I know very little about Stetronics but you did say any suggestions and you've been at this over 3 weeks now so....

Which computer are you using (See pics below). 1) Elex 2) Super Elex 3) VLC

It sounds like the scoring is working but the monitor just isn't turning on. Have you tried plugging the even monitor into the odd port and the odd into the even to eliminate the monitor as the issue?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ex,

Thanks for your effort. I haven't done any real troubleshooting as of yet. I was trying to get some ideas other than just one to try, before I went out there to work on it. As far as the equipment, here is what is on the wall:

I of course will try swapping the cables to see if it changes anything. It looks to me that the monitor is on (you can see the
                fluorescent lights in the screen light up, just no picture/signal.

Thanks,

Leyton
                Leyton at Tahoe

Comment

Wow, no takers. I guess I will try the sales end to get to tech support.
                  Leyton at Tahoe

Comment

Leyton,

The Super Elex you displayed is a stand-alone system meaning there is no front desk connected to assign bowlers to the lanes. There are 4 wires connected to the Super Elex pinsetter cables (2 wires per pinsetter), and essentially when you connect the two wires together with a momentary push button switch, this informs the SE you want one player on the lane to bowl. Push it again, two players are now on the lane.

When players are added to the lane, the pinsetters should turn on and bowling begins.

For the monitors, the monitors should always be on and visible playing some animated graphics while there is no bowling taking place. Pushing the momentary button would send the scoring grid to the monitor, push the button 2X and two scoring grids are on the lane.

If you do not have any monitor display, you may have a monitor failure.

Thanks,
                    Jim Osdale
                    Jim Osdale
                    Steltronic USA

Comment

Jim Osdale
                      Steltronic USA

Comment

Steltronic Super Elex I Installation Manual: https://steltronicusa.com/assets/sup...ion_manual.pdf
                        Steltronic Super Elex II Installation Manual: https://steltronicusa.com/assets/sup...ion-manual.pdf

Steltronic Stand-Alone Super Elex User Manual: https://steltronicusa.com/assets/use...super-elex.pdf
                        Jim Osdale
                        Steltronic USA

Comment

One more thing I noticed is that your Super Elex video outputs have been connected to RGB over CAT5 hardware, meaning the RGB signals are being transmitted over CAT5 cable to the monitors up front. Please verify the cables are still OK with a CAT5 Network cable tester. This would cause the monitor to have no display.
                          Jim Osdale
                          Steltronic USA

Comment

Hi Jim, and THANK YOU for your reply. I was thinking the same thing with the Cat5 cable, and I will be testing them next time I am out there. I have a 82/90XL chassis from there out for repair, and when I get it back, I'll get out there and do the troubleshooting. I'll post here on what I find. If it is a monitor failure, can the monitor be replaced with a VIZIO or something similar, or do I need something kin to what is there?

Again, thank you.

Take Care,

Leyton
                            Leyton at Tahoe

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse