Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book-The Science of Bowling Maintenance

Anyone read this book
    http://www.amazon.com/Science-Bowling-Maintenance-2000/dp/0933554893/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1407047159&sr=1-1&dpPl=1

Remo Piccietti came to Australia in I think 1978. He gave a Seminar on the Science of Bowling Maintenance and covered every thing on how Lacquer on Wooden Lanes held lane oil, showing microscopic photo's, the different types of Timbers used in different Countries, how to polish Lacquer to take out the track shot etc, etc, etc,.

It was mostly Lane cleaning and Maintenance, nothing to do with the Bowling Machine i,e; Pinspotter-Pinsetter.

It was a Revelation to me because we had no idea at the time, and it helped me over the years create great scoring conditions on Lacquer surfaces into the mid 80's before the predominate surface became urethane.

Frank
    always doing my best.

Comment

I have a copy - read through parts of it in the 80s. Remo had it published many moons ago.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Remo wrote the first book of that series back in 1970 if I remember.
        He put out updated versions as the industry changed and I have read each version at one time or another.
        The 2000 version was required reading by one of my old bosses.

He was one of the best (if not "THE" best) in our industry on maintenance and developed a company that spanned the international spectrum.
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Yes, and I still have that book in my shop.
          "Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
          Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
            The 2000 version was required reading by one of my old bosses.

He was one of the best (if not "THE" best) in our industry on maintenance and developed a company that spanned the international spectrum.

Is the 2000 edition up with modern ideas and what's covered in the book

Comment

I have read the entire book.

Even covers the parking lot.

The mechanics "Bible".

Comment

Where is it that I can pick up this book?

Comment

Does anyone know where the book can be bought?

Comment

Click the hyperlink in the first post...there are currently 6 used ones available.
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                    seems like pms were not done in a long time
                    and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                    Working...
                    X