Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden PIn Lanes (Tucson, AZ) closes after 59 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden PIn Lanes (Tucson, AZ) closes after 59 years.

Another one with a rich history bites the dust.

https://www.kgun9.com/sports/local-s...after-59-years
    -- Larry

Thanks for sharing, I found this while I was reading up on it. It is sad to see these icons in our industry die.

https://tucson.com/news/local/pima-c...3c9198de3.html

Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc.

Comment

I remember watching the PBA there back in the 70's.

Comment

Land value and overvaluation of land is killing the bowling industry.
        Seen a ton of iconic centers close in the Seattle area over the past 25 years, only to have smaller arcade type venues pop up, where if you bowl and use your own equipment, the ball is hooking at the arrows because they oil their lanes twice a week and or they have string pinsetters.
        * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie8662 View Post
          I remember watching the PBA there back in the 70's.
          Back when I was still buying pins off of ebay, I found one of the gold PBA pins with the color logo -- the ones for televised play. Where did the seller say it came from? You guessed it -- Golden Pin Lanes in Tucson.

Comment

This makes me so sad, GP has been a big part of my life since childhood. I never thought I'd see the day!!
            Macgyver

Comment

Same thing in Denver metro area, 5 of the last 7 houses I've worked at have closed in last 11 years. Couple of the new chain houses
              have opened,but they are mostly open play oriented.
              Always remember rule #3,(Don't forget rule #1).Rule #1,see rule #3......

Comment

Ahhhhhh, thats where we got all these quick release pit frames from.....

My FM mentioned being in Tucson for a parts deal. Didnt know they were harvested from golden pin. Never been there but it's a shame to hear its now gone.

Comment

Adspeed Classic

Collapse

Bind in deck hook linkage

I'm having a problem with the deck holding hook lifting up and not engaging the pin during 2nd ball cycle. At first, I thought it was the detector but have ruled that out. If...

GS-X table bolts/stud

I know I'm not the only one who has had the table bolts literally shear off. I cannot explain where there would be a force strong enough to do this to the bolts.
                Other that...

Not scoring when ball speed "ball detection" is enabled

I have a pair that won't score if ball detection is turned on, but when I turn it off the scoring works right away.

On the ball speed sensor, the green light indicates...

GSX pins dumping in table at front

Hi everybody, I'm looking for some guidance. My GSX machines have a problem with pins gathering in the table in front of the #3 pinholder. One or two lanes are worse than the...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...
                Working...
                X