Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden PIn Lanes (Tucson, AZ) closes after 59 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MECHEY
    replied
    Ahhhhhh, thats where we got all these quick release pit frames from.....

My FM mentioned being in Tucson for a parts deal. Didnt know they were harvested from golden pin. Never been there but it's a shame to hear its now gone.

Leave a comment:

• deemb
    replied
    Same thing in Denver metro area, 5 of the last 7 houses I've worked at have closed in last 11 years. Couple of the new chain houses
    have opened,but they are mostly open play oriented.

Leave a comment:

• Macgyver
    replied
    This makes me so sad, GP has been a big part of my life since childhood. I never thought I'd see the day!!

Leave a comment:

• Mok
    replied
    Originally posted by Wookie8662 View Post
    I remember watching the PBA there back in the 70's.
    Back when I was still buying pins off of ebay, I found one of the gold PBA pins with the color logo -- the ones for televised play. Where did the seller say it came from? You guessed it -- Golden Pin Lanes in Tucson.

Leave a comment:

• Toomany10pins
    replied
    Land value and overvaluation of land is killing the bowling industry.
    Seen a ton of iconic centers close in the Seattle area over the past 25 years, only to have smaller arcade type venues pop up, where if you bowl and use your own equipment, the ball is hooking at the arrows because they oil their lanes twice a week and or they have string pinsetters.

Leave a comment:

• Wookie8662
    replied
    I remember watching the PBA there back in the 70's.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Wilson
    replied
    Thanks for sharing, I found this while I was reading up on it. It is sad to see these icons in our industry die.

https://tucson.com/news/local/pima-c...3c9198de3.html

Leave a comment:

• Golden PIn Lanes (Tucson, AZ) closes after 59 years.

Another one with a rich history bites the dust.

https://www.kgun9.com/sports/local-s...after-59-years

Adspeed Classic

Collapse

Distributor Clutch Stop Blade Wear

Replaced this stop blade on an Edge machine at a private installation I service. It looks like this after 20,000 frames. The stop blade on the machine next to it looks new after...

Qubica BES-X Lane Advertising

Anyone know if/how to replace the BES-X "station ID" graphic that shows up before and after a video ad runs on the monitors? I'd much rather have it show our logo, especially...

Ball Damage at my wits end

We have been getting ball damage on a pair of lanes and we are at our wits end trying to find the problem. Every time we think we have found it we get another ball with damage...

GS-X table bolts/stud

I know I'm not the only one who has had the table bolts literally shear off. I cannot explain where there would be a force strong enough to do this to the bolts.
Other that...

Preventative Maintenance - Jet Back Booster & A2 Accelerator Control Boxes

I convert my booster control relays over to Plug-ins as they fail. They are the same as the Motor Start & Recycle relays which makes it very convenient.

Working...
X