Bowlero now owns the PBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowlero now owns the PBA

Just found out the company has now purchased the PBA!!
    What will this do for competitive bowling at a local level? What will this do for professional competitive bowling? Is this going to be good or bad for the sport/industry?

What do you think about this? and what do you think this will do for bowling as a whole?

Personally, I don't like it. I've only been in the industry a couple of years, but I've been a bowler and a bowling fan most of my adult life. To me it seems like a huge conflict of interest for the nation's largest proprietor to own and now control the PBA. Sure, Bowlero has stated they will honor existing contracts for tournaments & shows through 2020, but you know what's gonna happen after that...all PBA events will be held only at Bowlero centers.

Comment

A company that basically caters to open bowling and parties plus kicked out a lot of league bowlers now wants to own the PBA.
      A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

Cosmic Pro Bowling.

Comment

I'm sure Wipi glad he retired from there now.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDays View Post
            A company that basically caters to open bowling and parties plus kicked out a lot of league bowlers now wants to own the PBA.
            Yep.
            We bowled at a Bowlero house last few years for league. Crappy service, it would take 10 minutes for a simple re-spot or ball call. I could have gone back, cleared the call, and still had 8 minutes to spare.

Our league basically split up as half went to a even crappier house and the rest scattered to nearby houses or just quit.
            * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Originally posted by Toomany10pins View Post

Yep.
              We bowled at a Bowlero house last few years for league. Crappy service, it would take 10 minutes for a simple re-spot or ball call. I could have gone back, cleared the call, and still had 8 minutes to spare.

Our league basically split up as half went to a even crappier house and the rest scattered to nearby houses or just quit.
              I haven't bowled at a Bowlero center myself, but I've been to a couple that were bought by Bowlero and were in the process of being converted(I was there scrounging through their old parts up for grabs, lol). The managers there were not pleased with the direction those centers were heading.

But even in my rural, small town area, one of 3 centers in my county is following that same "family entertainment center" model, which really sucks for league bowlers. All they seem to care about is birthday parties & company events. The lanes are in disrepair, the machines break down often, and when they're not broken the machines make Godawful noises, whining/grinding/squealing. It's horrible. I guess it's good for my center because those league bowlers are now coming here. But I hate to see any bowling center go downhill like that.

Comment

The center I was referring to was originally a BRC (Brunswick) center, which I helped opened as a pinchaser. Say what you want but Brunswick put a priority in their machines running well. It’s the opposite with Bowlero from my experience.
                * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie8662 View Post
                  Cosmic Pro Bowling.
                  That should be a tournament lololol

Comment

Originally posted by MECHEY View Post

That should be a tournament lololol
                    Sounds like something that the Petersen Classic could incorporate?

Comment

Adspeed Classic

Collapse

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Elevator & Pits

All this work just to clean under the elevator !!??? LOL A friend is replacing a number of his elevators as the left hand triangle plate brackets are breaking. Rather than...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Ball Wheel Belt Question

A friend was looking at his ball wheel belt which stated it was 208" long, (Pic 1). He was pretty sure that it is a B205 belt which should be 205" long. The answer...

MONITOR COLOR ISSUE!!

my appologies if Ive posted this in the wrong area, this is my second post on this site, Ive got a 10 lane center ( 5 pairs ) and on lanes 3&4, I am having a problem with...

Pin spot is off

I'm currently working at a 38 Lane center. Of those 38 lanes only a few are having this issue.

I'm currently trying to get all the lanes to have perfect pin spots...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...
                    Working...
                    X