Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authority 22 Buffer Brush curiosity

10 lane center, Authority 22 refurbished machine about 1 1/2 years old for us.

Lately, as the machine has been put on the lane for the first pass, it will stop after just a short (1-2 sec) time and give a buffer brush did not raise. I have been getting by or past this by going into the diagnostic part and testing the buffer brush lower/raise. It does so, but sounds as though it's an 99 year old guy going up stairs or in other words, very rough. After this though, it will do all 10 lanes as nothing was wrong.

I am guessing the buffer up/down switches need to be looked at, but before I go tearing into something I may not be able to put back together (not much of a mechanic for an owner), wanted to see what others thought about the situation.

I'll answer any questions if anyone has them if I am able to do so.

I think it's your buffer up/down motor that's going bad. At my previous center that had an A-22, had similar problem like yours and found that it was the motor. After it operated a few times and got warmed up, it would be fine. But after a couple of weeks, it got to the point that it would have several issues while doing the lanes. So, if you don't have a spare now, better get one and replace it. I used to get those from Graingers, but can't tell you the Grainger number is as I don't work at that center anymore.
    It is wiser to find out than suppose.--Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I'll get one of those to have on hand as we're hosting a tournament this month and I really don't want to lose it due to not being able to lay down the pattern.

Glad to know I need to look further than just the switches.

Comment

Grease the buffer brush motor

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. We just got done replacing the motor and everything has run fine so far.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
          Working...
          X