Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm Atuactor Snapping?

Hi Guys,
    I Instalimg My Automatic Bumpers and after two weeks that I started to install them I got my first actuator arm broke right where the second hole screw is at. Then After that I have had about 8 of them broke in just about 4 month which I think is a lot. I was wondering if any of you guys have any Idea or have something similar in your House. I what could possibly be causing my actuator arms break that fast.
    Thank you before hand for your inputs!
    Smile Jesus loves you

On some the lower hole is right near the bend. Drill a new hole higher to replace it and weld the break solid. If you can't weld in house get a bunch of broken ones and find a welding shop. Have the price of new ones before you ask the shop what they will charge to weld them. Try turning the air pressure down from 90 to about 65-70 PSI. If the bumpers will go up at the lower pressure keep it there.

You can try unhooking the return springs from the bumper rails. See if the bumpers go back down without the springs. If they do, let the springs lay in the track. This will let them go up easier with lower air pressure. If one bumper goes up harder than the others try to find out what's binding and fix it.

Comment

Dont let adults use them, and limit the ball weights to 10lbs or less.
      Anyone that can throw a 12lb ball, doesnt need bumpers.
      This will help make your life much easier.

I agree with the above, use the lowest air pressure that will allow all bumpers to work.
      Last edited by Wookie8662; 11-25-2017, 08:54 PM. Reason: add comment

Comment

Sounds like you have first addition arms. Amf has the new replacement arm #049007262, no welding required

Comment

We had air bumpers installed at another location. Every arm broke so they sent us the “redesigned” style. “Thick piece of metal welded to breaking point”
          Keep an eye on it see if it does it again

Comment

The redesigned ones that I received was the bottom screw hole was moved up so it was not in the bend. You just redrilled the hole in the framing. Check it out on there website

Comment

Thank You guys for all your inputs. It is possible that The spring that goes all the way at the end of the bumper can help to relief the presure of the Activator Arm?
              I just knoticed that I am missing some of those springs in some of my bumpers.
              Smile Jesus loves you

Comment

You said it - without the spring at the end, the bumpers 'slam' to the top. Worse with more pressure. They should run fine with 80 PSI set at the regulator/water separator. You'll notice they probably don't go all the way down before they break as they are bending. The spring will buffer the deployment.
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

A picture with the broken old style before I welded it and a newer one. I used the newer one to locate the new hole in the old one so they would be interchangeable.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                  seems like pms were not done in a long time
                  and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                  Working...
                  X