Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Air Compressor Settings

We Have AMF DuraBowl Bumpers, recently we have had some problems and our mechanic thinks it is due to the wrong pressure setting on our compressor.

Is there anyone with these same bumpers who can give him an idea of what the air pressure should be at.

So I can get him the info quickly please respond to : tribowlden@aol.com in additon to posting here

Thanks in advance for your help

Dennis
    Dennis Coleman

Re: Bumper Air Compressor Settings

We have Qubica bumpers and the pressure is regulated at 90 PSI. The air cylinders are rated for a maximum pressure of 250 PSI. Somebody shut the compressor off once and the bumpers started to get sluggish at about 60 PSI.

Comment

we found that when it went below 90PSi bumpers furthest away from the compressor struggled to lift, daft i know, so we turned it up so that its never runs below 90PSi, tank fills up to around 130PSi and refills when its close to 90

Comment

There are other issues that can hinder the raising of the AMF. Let me know if the pressure fixed it.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Started upgrading my AMF rubbish with this

Comment

We are having the same problem. Called QAMF said that regulator should be no less than 90 and no higher than 110.
            We still have a couple of individual bumpers that will not come up witout help.
            "Create Insanely Great Experiences"!

Comment

Make sure there isn't anything rubbing on the side of the bumper. We had one individual bumper where the coupling for the Durabowl gutter (part#610494639 p.81 AMF Top Parts catalog) was loose and interfering with the edge of the bumper.It would go down on it's own but we had to help it up by hand.

Comment

I run 110 PSI also with the bumpers.

MarkyB - I also am using the new "bad boy" auto opener. It is solid as a rock by the way. Indestructible design.
                Though it is a tight fit for the H bracket to fit inside the activator arm.... but it is a great product none the less.
                A far cry from the nightmare that is the flimsy original, where it all hinges on one little metal E-clip.... a wafer thin bracket etc..etc... Sigh.
                Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

try lifting the bumpers by hand.. using the long hook that fits in the front section... you may have to take off the rear spring to make it easy to lift..but the bumpers should come up fairly easy with no binds.. if stiff, check the brackets arnt catching on the sides of the lane ..

worse if you have overlays..

to check the piston units,,disconnect the bolt attatching the arm to the bumper rail..usually the 3rd bumper bracket in from the foul line..

most problems are mechanical binds in the arm linkage and attatching bolts..
                  mobile infantry made me the man i am today.

"with great power comes great responsibility"

Comment

The AMF people that installed ours told us that above 100psi will damage the cylinders and the regulator relief valves open at about 105ish on our setup. We have one compressor that has to lift 59 lanes of bumpers and have very few issues with them sticking even with the pressure only set at 80psi. If they were installed well you can run them at a lower pressure. But if they have problems coming up I would look at what is causing them to bind.

Comment

That is interesting.... we run at 110 psi here and have not had a piston fail or a regulator valve fail yet, touch wood!! Mostly the flimsy parts of the sub opener fail.

Lifting the bumpers using the hook, I would only do when no air supply was present. Going through the bumpers every year or twice a year, filling off any rough spots on each upright and plastic space in the bumper, helps amazingly too make sure the bumper lifts with little stress and can eke out any binds which have occurred over time. Making sure each upright can transition smoothly between each bumper section pays dividends!
                      Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Wow 110psi, that would never work here. Ours were installed in 2005 and maybe they changed something since then. Alastair, when were yours installed?

Comment

I replaced the springs with a softer one, as these was just no need for the harsh one from AMF, most went back down without it on and worked better coming up without it too. As for binds i went through numorours ways of trying to get bumpers to work, replaced all the rails for new ones, and replaced lots of legs to no avail, just seemed odd how 10 min or so before the compressor refilled the problems would happen, then when it was full it worked fine, the regulator was set around 100, just made sure the compressor didn't fall below that, as that was what caused most of the problems in the first place.

There were also lanes that looked really bent and bashed up (1-6) that never had a problem coming up, they were closer in the pipework to the compressor, just seemed to be the lanes furthest away that struggled

Comment

I hate to rehash a 9 year old thread but... We're having the same issues with bumpers getting sluggish the further away from the compressor. We have our compressor at lane 1 and the problems start around lane 29&30. I am only able to bump the pressure up to around 96/97 PSI. Any higher and the pressure relief valve gives way. Is there any kind of adjustment to make so the relief valve will not release until its past 110 PSI? I see a few of you are running at that pressure with no problems and I know if I could even just get the pressure up to about 100-105 it would solve our issues. Also, is that beefy actuator arm available in the states yet?

Comment

If the bumpers are slow going up further from the compressor you have volume issues instead of pressure issues. Deal with even the tiniest leak that is bleeding off the air, then consider a fatter pipe along the curtain wall or a bigger compressor.

I have experience with AMF bumpers now. They should go up with 65-70 PSI. Try removing the springs down near the masking units. Some will go back down without any spring and some won't. Then go along the lane lifting the bumper by hand every few feet looking for binding.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X