Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBW II Motors

Hi!

Wondering if someone can help me out. We have The Brunswick Pinball Wizard II bumpers installed in our center. Recently we have had 3 motors go down. I've had one out and inspected it and the two internal gears have worn completely.

Because we have Version II of the motor these are metal gears. I cant find a part number anywhere for these gears - The parts catalogue has the number for the version I plastic gears but nothing for v2.

I've emailed brunswick and they say we have to buy the whole motor, which I think is pretty ridiculous (considering they are 400 ish each!).

So my question is this:

Is it possible to fit the plastic gears from V1 of the motor to V2?

Is there anywhere we can get the metal gears from?

Thanks in advance

Ben

Re: PBW II Motors

http://martinsprocket.com/gears.htm
    http://www.sdp-si.com/estore/CoverPg/Gears.htm
    http://www.rushgears.com/

Comment

hmm I think getting custom gears made is going to be a tad expensive - In the UK as well. Thanks anyway.

Comment

You obviously didn't read anything beyond the words "custom gears." Those sites all carry a huge variety of <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 8pt">stock</span></span> gears.

Silly me for thinking I was providing useful information.

<span style="font-size: 14pt">SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE THIS GUY "THE GRAINGER PART NUMBER." </span>

Comment

chill! Thanks for the links I appreciate it. The problem with getting stock gears is that we would likely have the get really accurate dimensions of our gears which is going to be a bit tricky to say the least. But I will have a look. Again, thanks for the links!

Comment

I've gone through the process of looking for a solution to a similar problem. The gearbox appears to be custom made or a variation of a stock gearbox the manufacturer (forgot the name) already produces. I have yet to stumble across a standard gear/s that will do the job; but Deb is very clued in, you may find what you need at a good price in those links. You may need to buy one new motor assembly and send off the gear needed.

The question is, how did those gears fail? Ours have gone through some tough situations and all that's gone in are two roll pins.
            Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
            Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
            Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I may be wrong but im pretty sure its because:

We lost 4x control boxes quite a while ago (pretty sure they are going to due to power surges) The chief tech at the time took them out took them out and sent them back to our head office waiting to go to brunswick - where they promptly sat for 5 months....At the time we didnt really know anything about them and werent smart enough () to disconnect the actuator arms from the rails etc. So are FOH staff were dragging them up and down all the time. Learnt our lesson the hard way about that!

Comment

Ouch! I feel your pain.
                Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

bruswick part# 84-860726-000 acuator arm(casting)had to warranty them because ours on 1 lane had broken teeth probaly a installation error ,were a new center. hope this helps. oh sorry you're looking for gears on motor drive dont know that one(just reread your post).

Comment

just found part# for gear spur 16 tooth brunswick#84-200583-000 hope this helps

Comment

thanks alfmad but thats the external gear that drives the actuator arm I think. The gears we're looking for are the internal gearbox ones. Think we're just gonna buy the plastic ones for version 1 of the motor and hope for the best!

Comment

Remembered reading a post where someone converted the metal internals with the plastic gears set up including keys and shaft. Hope yjis helps.

Comment

Originally posted by 8270tom
                          Remembered reading a post where someone converted the metal internals with the plastic gears set up including keys and shaft. Hope yjis helps.
                          i'm pretty sure you could do exactly that.
                          it would take a new shaft and the keys, as well as the two gears to do it. but from what i've seen with our 2 v2 motors and the 30 v1's is the gears and shaft and external limit switches are the only differences.
                          and the eternal limit switches can be converted to while staying with v1 gears.

output shaft: 17-200162-000
                          dog eared keys: 17-200161-000 (output gear uses these to atatch to output shaft)
                          shaft gear: 17-200159-000
                          ouptu gear: 17-200160-000
                          i believe those are all the correct parts and numbers you'll need.

Originally posted by alfmad
                          just found part# for gear spur 16 tooth brunswick#84-200583-000 hope this helps
                          that is indeed the small gear that drives the act arms.

Comment

Read somewhere here that you could convert to plastic gears by replacing the shaft and keys. Can't seem to find that post. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Cliff for posting info.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X