Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CORD

So what we need for a cord 12/3 anyone no a good place to go need 200 ft. see about .90 cents a foot sound about right Thanks

About $1 a foot is reasonable for standard SO cord but can be much higher depending on the outer casing.

As a side note, I'm not sure what your using this for but 12 ga wire is fairly small for a 200 ft run. Voltage drop on a 120V 10A load would be over 7 to 8 volts depending on the cable stranding which is about 6.5% drop. Branch circuits are limited to 3% and branch plus feeders are limited to 5%. While this isn't either, they are good guide lines. Equipment manufacturers design equipment for +/- 5% voltage supply. If your plugging this into the end of a long branch circuit you have to add the voltage drop for the branch circuit as well so you could end up with major problems.

Low voltage to the equipment could cause strange or damaging results. If this is a 240 V system you are better off because the same 7 to 8 voltage drop would be a little over 3% drop which is more tolerable. For a 200 ft cord restricted to 5% voltage drop, 7 amps max for 120 V and 14 amps for 240 V. If using this for a lane machine, consider using a larger conductor to the lanes and then the smaller cable for the machine connection.

Just FYI.

Comment

It is recommended that a lane machine cord be 125 feet to avoid that voltage drop
      Television is called a medium because it is neither rare or well done.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
      Working...
      X