Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegel Defence-C ratio

I am trying to help a local center with carry down and pin slide on deck issues. This center has a lot of open play and b-day parties , so plastic and house balls are used a lot esp on weekends. There are full leagues every day of the week and even some shorter mixed couple leagues on weekends. They have a 4 year old Flex walker lane machine and 20 yr old Brunswick Prolane for lane beds that are in great shape. They use prodigy oil and Defence-C stripper. Their pattern for most leagues is 43ft. The issue is that the shot is inconsistent, even on same night, pair to pair or even lane to lane on same pair. Scratch league went to a 39ft pattern on 2nd half and this magnified the problem on that Monday league., after a weekend of open play.

I asked them the stripper ratio and they told me 6 to 1. I suggested 4 to 1. They tell me that the man who services their machine from the distributor they bought it from says they can't run stripper any stronger than 6 to 1 or it will plug the nozzle on the lane machine. I have never heard of such a thing. Is it true with the newer machines ? They may have other issues, but I felt stripper strength would be a good place to start.

I have always used 4 to 1 ratio never had any issues, replace the nozzle every 4 to 6 months anyway. As for carry down stop using Prodigy it is only good on wood lanes. Thin viscosity oil travels more and wont hold up as well. Infinity or Offense hold up and play easier JMO

Comment

Is the Flex cleaning properly? What does the lane look like after a clean-only pass?

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll be back in center on Monday. Just can't believe a machine tech would tell them no stronger ratio than 6 to 1 or it will clog nozzle.

Comment

We do well with 5:1 with Defence-c using Current. The water quality will dictate ultimately how well it will perform.
          Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
          Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post
            We do well with 5:1 with Defence-c using Current. The water quality will dictate ultimately how well it will perform.
            You dont live in Flint MI do you? LOL

Comment

Water quality does vary a fair bit around Aus. The city area's are mostly better quality.

I'm guessing otherwise for where you are Joel?
              Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
              Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

You guys who dont know about the water scandal in Flint MI, you need to google it. It was so bad that they have even made a movie about it. Then you would understand the comment more

Comment

I use a 43 ft pattern using defense c with infinity lane oil on 10 year old spl lanes I use a 4,25 to 1 ratio strong backend early but scores increase as games progress,i have Kustodian never had issues with clogged nozzles , with proper cleaning,hope this helps, cleaning ratios will vary ball reaction,

Comment

Well the lane machine "tech" came and inspected the unit, gave it a thumbs up, and insisted on the 6 to 1 ratio to prevent tip clogging. I really can't understand this thought process. I gave them the suggestions on 4 to 1 and changing to a better option for oil type, but at least try the stronger stripper mix. Change the nozzle if it plugs. Or put a water filter in the work room where they draw the water. House owner must not want to buck the lane machine guy. I saw a 10 pin slide two spots last night. So thanks everyone for the input. We gave them the info to improve.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Upgraded Motor Contactor

Hey all. Just had a motor contactor go on one of our machines. I remember seeing new cube relays or solid state contactors we could replace them with. Anybody got a part number...

C1 Pinout drawing

Finished the C1 drawing.

The base for this came from a drawing made by Felix dated 2006.

Thanks Felix.

If you see any...

CCD Processor Move by Masternut

These are pictures submitted by "MASTERNUT" of a project in his bowling center where he moved his CCD processor boards from the location on the capping to the curtain...
                    Working...
                    X