Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit (non s) counter wheel

Counter wheel assembly fell apart. Had 1 shipped straight from amf. Doesn't take the same plug. Is there a way to make it work or is it the wrong part? Anyone have advice? If hard wired would/should it work?

We need more information to be able to help you out. Perhaps some pictures of:

Old encoder
    New encoder
    Connector
    Picture of encoder part number from the encoder itself (ours was a HEDS-5500 F06 ... see pic below)

The below pics are what was on our machine for your comparison. Also attached is a pin out of the encoder but I would advise against hard wiring it in until we can verify what your have. You shouldn't need to open it up or add the resistors as they should be on the main board and you only should have to match the pin out. Not sure why yours would be different unless they sent the wrong part but that's why we need to know what you have.

Our wheel crapped out and they wanted a fortune for a replacement so I took it apart and made a replacement wheel. It was pretty easy, didn't take long and cost about $5 vs the several hundred they wanted for a new one. If you have to take it apart though, you need to be careful because it needs a certain procedure so you don't destroy it the encoder. Let me know if you need to do that and I can get you the directions.
    Attached Files

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse