2-2-0-30-33ft-43ft

2-2-0-30-43ft-35ft
    14-14-1-22
    13-13-2-18
    12-12-4-18
    10-10-4-14
    9-9-2-10
    2-2-0-10-5ft-0ft

The problem I'm having is the high rev/low ball speed bowlers are having a hard time with this pattern. The ball either hooks up early on them or rolls out leaving wash outs and weak 10's. The low rev/high speed bowlers that can play up the boards are put up some good scores though. I'm leaning more toward the fire oil just being a very hooky oil. But I wanted to get some other opinions before I made a drastic decision.

I tried widening the loads on the first couple foward passes to see what would happen. First I made it 2-2-2 and removed the 8-8-1. And another time I tried widening the 8-8-1 to 5-5-1. Both created some real skid/flip conditions in the back end.

It looks like the forward speeds are a problem. When I write programs for Fire, Ice or Curve I will start the first 2 - 2 loads at 10 ips and then slowly increasing from there. You will the find that you can then increase the initial 2 - 2 loads to x2 or x3. You should also consider adjusting the reverse oil so that there is more than 5 feet of buff back to the foul line., especially if you have the transfer brush setup.
    Chemistry is like cooking. Just don't lick the bowl.

Comment

42ft
      2-2 2 14
      8-8 2 14
      9-9 2 14
      10-10 3 18
      12-12 2 18
      Buff to 42

2-2 0 26 to 34ft
      13-13 2 22
      12-12 3 18
      11-11 4 14
      10-10 2 10
      8-8 1 10
      2-2 0 10

I run something very very similar to this with Fire on prolane. Thursday night 9 out of 49 over 710. 5 of those 740 or better. Find where your RBD works best.

Comment

Have you checked your cushion roller to make sure its round and not "sucked in" on the outer edges ? It just seems like with only 1 2-2 load on the forward pass the outsides should not have a problem bringing the ball back to the pocket and not cause 2-8-10's. Always make sure its cleaning 100% before making pattern changes especially if the scores drop without any pattern changes. Good luck

Comment

That's for the advise. I adjusted my speeds and was able to apply more loads on the forward and reverse. Next week I'll up the first 2-2 load to X2.

My cushion roller is in good condition. I replaced it at the beginning of winter leagues and we remove the tension off of it every time we put it away. And I do a weekly cleaning check to make sure the lanes are clean. I feel like the ball is burning up before it makes it to the pins and that's where the wash outs are coming from.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
          seems like pms were not done in a long time
          and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
          Working...
          X