Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of range problem

the center i work at has a huge problem with pins sliding on the pin deck this is cause us to have a high amount of out of ranges when i ask my head mechanic if there is anything we cant do to help this all he says i we got to get a build up of no pin slide back on the deck no pin slide is a treatment that we use to "help" with pins sliding on the pin deck what it should be called is pins slide a lot more any tips or ideas of something i can try to lower the pins sliding on the decks thank you in advance for any help y'all can provide

I'd do a search. There have been a lot of threads on the topic with some good info on solving this problem.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

looked and looked i have even worked at another center in our chain and at that one we use a bleach water combo i told my head mechanic about it all he will say is the no pin slide i mentioned works just as good trust me when i say it works no where near as good with the bleach water at the other center we had maybe 5 a week and that was a bad week the current center i work at we probably have 10 a day

Comment

Lane machine cleaning issues (poor physical cleaning/dilution ratio), pattern design and pin base condition are all factors. No pin slide, No slide pin spots, and the spots you put on the pin bases just cover an underlying issue.
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Another contributing factor to this is the pins themselves. As pins age, the wood shrinks away from the base. this means that the pin is only resting on the plastic ring and not the wood. Plastic is slick and the pins slide. I have heard of centers "dressing" the bases to remove a tiny amount of plastic ring and get the wood back in contact with the spots.
          let me be myself

Comment

so in other words sand the bottom of the pins billman

Comment

cause that is another thing i have mentioned and got told that it wouldnt work that it would make the problem worse which i do not believe ive been told by other mechanics that sanding the bottom of the pin slightly will help our pins are a little over a year old and the owner of the company buys a new set every other year we have told him he should replace them every year and he refuses to we have also told him that he should buy two full sets and he refuses to do that as well

Comment

Originally posted by Lookingtobeheadmechanic View Post
                cause that is another thing i have mentioned and got told that it wouldnt work that it would make the problem worse which i do not believe ive been told by other mechanics that sanding the bottom of the pin slightly will help our pins are a little over a year old and the owner of the company buys a new set every other year we have told him he should replace them every year and he refuses to we have also told him that he should buy two full sets and he refuses to do that as well
                Given the cost of buying pins I don't blame him... We keep ours for around 3 ish years. I wouldn't give the owner a hard time about that. We can have OOR problems at day one, it just depends on what the actual cause is.
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

1st and foremost...Test-clean! multiple lanes. If the lanes are clean front to back and you see no film, drips, streaking or any sign of cleaning issue then there is a very simple solution. In a standard spray bottle put 1 full tablespoon of powder laundry soap and fill bottle with hot water. After you run your lanes, lightly mist he entire pindeck. Let this solution air dry completely before setting pins. your OOR's will disappear. I know it sounds too easy...Just try it.
                  ME&My68

There's no such thing as idiot proof, it just makes a better idiot!

Comment

I'm willing to try anything thanks everyone for your ideas

Comment

I use liquid detergent and get same results. The powder detergent kept clogging the spray tip.
                      Later Chief

Comment

Even dish soap and water works.

Comment

got to say this dish soap and water and laundry soap and water are 2 things i have never hear of

Comment

We don't have OOR problems all the time but when I did I sprayed the dish soap and water mixture carefully on the pindeck avoiding the pit carpet. Once dried the soap scum is quite effective at stopping the sliding pins. This is easily cleaned off with the next pass of the lane stripper so you have to reapply as needed but at least it doesn't build up and become a problem. The only time I seem to need to do this is after new pins were installed. Boy they like to skate until they're beat on for a while.

Comment

i have honestly not see to many oor problems with new pins i see more problems as they get older or maybe it is just my center

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse