Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct way to buff the approach

me and my head mechanic but heads at this one he says you should mop then buff then run a dust mop i say you should dust mop then mop then buff and dust mop again if needed help me settle this which is the correct way

Dusting first is a no brainer, whether you mop or not buffing is usually last. Having said that; there's really no right way, it's what achieves the desired results based on your approach surface, products used and climate.

We don't condition our approaches or buff them. We dust and spot clean with methylated spirits twice a day. Our approaches are known to be consistently, slow which is what is preferred. Social bowlers don't care for speed and league bowlers can use a sock if their preference is a fast approach.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

well i dont know why but he wants it done mop buff dust mop i guess its just his way and i have to do it that way

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• 808tom
        Pathfinder foulline panel sticking
        by 808tom
        After regluing the foulline panel, approach became tacky after cleaning with acetone. Buffed approach with approach conditioner which made approach slippery again. Figured glue...
        08-20-2004, 11:48 PM
      • Mechtriton
        Approach conditions
        by Mechtriton
        So i just found out that we are not getting our approaches recoated this summer. They were done last september when the lanes were put in. So my question is what can I do to keep...
        06-06-2006, 10:55 PM
      • Bobby_W
        Approach help
        by Bobby_W
        I have 2 yr old spl approaches. We use a 5-1 ratio of sure slide and windex and buff before every league. Some people are saying its not doing a very good job and that it's leaving...
        11-09-2011, 01:33 PM
      • jranderson
        Buffing Approaches
        by jranderson
        Does anyone have a technique of buffing conditions for wooden approaches?
        02-14-2008, 04:00 AM
      • PJ
        Approach refinish
        by PJ
        This summer we are going to try to screen and refinish our approaches ourselves. Have always had it done professionally. How about some tips and guidance so that it gets done...
        04-27-2006, 07:14 AM

Broken key

Recently had to overhaul a Jap A2 gearbox. I found this shattered key to be the cause of the problem.
      Anyone wanting to have a guess at

A) Which...

MONITOR COLOR ISSUE!!

my appologies if Ive posted this in the wrong area, this is my second post on this site, Ive got a 10 lane center ( 5 pairs ) and on lanes 3&4, I am having a problem with...

Pin spot is off

I'm currently working at a 38 Lane center. Of those 38 lanes only a few are having this issue.

I'm currently trying to get all the lanes to have perfect pin spots...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...

4" PVC BOW EXTENDERS

As requested a couple pics and detail of my setup. I started installing these 2 years ago after I got tired of those rubber hose extenders that would just bend. I watched and...
      Working...
      X