Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Lane Near Pin Deck

Here's an issue I inherited from our center previously not having proper capping. Balls would hit the kickback and shoot into the sides of the pindeck causing chucks to be taken out of the end of the lane(pictured). We have this issue on about half of our lanes, some are a little deeper some are a bit shallower. On some of the thicker ones a ball will occasionally be sent flying causing ball damage, so it's not something we can afford to ignore.

Has anyone encountered something like this before? We're a smaller center so there's no chance of getting entire panels replaced in an option, so any budget fixes would be appreciated.

http://www.bowltech.com/forum/the-bo...g-lane-removal
    Contact the person who started this thread and see if he has any panels left. From your pic and his pics I think you have the same, but you should confirm before you buy.

Comment

At the very least if you can get a couple of used panels and cut them into shorter pieces you could install them as mini panels. Not the answer you want but I don't believe any repair compound or patch in that area would last.
      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

We used to call them band-aids.
        Buy one panel, and cut into pieces to match your repair (6-8" long), whatever is needed on each lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post
          At the very least if you can get a couple of used panels and cut them into shorter pieces you could install them as mini panels. Not the answer you want but I don't believe any repair compound or patch in that area would last.
          Would it be sufficient to cut a 4/1" piece out of the lane, just where it's broken, and replace it with a piece of spare lane panel? or does it need to be cut all the way across?

Comment

Originally posted by Bking4242 View Post

Would it be sufficient to cut a 4/1" piece out of the lane, just where it's broken, and replace it with a piece of spare lane panel? or does it need to be cut all the way across?
            The bigger the patch the better, but I would aim to replace a section that goes across the entire lane width, no less than a foot in length in my opinion.

The edges of the lane are the the most venerable to damage. A small patch on the edge of the lane probably won't last very long and if you attempt to patch the edge pictured there will be very little for it to be screwed in with and will likely never sit properly level with the lane, which will result in poor washing and potential uneven wear in the squeegee of your lane machine.
            Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
            Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
            Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse