Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capping

Hello. We purchased some new capping and our ball returns tunnel is a little higher than normal and the capping does not sit flat. Our wood capping has side pieces to hide the brackets and the ball as it comes back. Has anyone had a similar issue? How did you build the sides? See the pic for reference.

That ball return is kind of high, is that concealed surface?

You might need to make some trim pieces just to cover the sides of the supports.
    It doesnt need to be part of the capping itself.

Comment

​​​​​​ If it were my place I would leave it open and even put lights on the underside. It would give a different look and the tech would bew able to quickly spot a ball stuck in underground. But simple siding could be used to cover probably. Or some household wood paneling.Your old caps are monstrous to heave over to extricate balls from the under ground when the pin decides to go on a roller coaster ride on it's own.

Comment

I looked at your establishments facebook page to get an idea of what's what.

Nice place, looks like things are turning around;

I'm guessing that it was originally built in the early 1960's with Crown (two-lane? - I think those were the best Brunswick made - the single lane type aren't as appealing) with surface ball return (probably to save on building costs). I know of a couple of houses where I worked that eventually went from surface to a subway system, one had enough room to move the lanes/machines to make it work and the other had to go to concealed as they didn't have enough room to do that, looking at your house, it looks like that that is the case for you;

Just wondering...why was new capping needed? Were some pieces of it having issues? If they just needed to be freshened up, I probably would have considered paint with some repairs to the wood sides (though that would have been time-consuming as I can see that some serious money is going into your 24-lane house).

I wouldn't recommend leaving it open as FreeK said as it would just invite problems (environmental and vandalism), though I can see where it would be a 'wow' factor for the Millennials, it's not worth it if you're going to be creating more problems for yourself in the end.

As I gather the capping has been ordered/delivered, you might have to put wood sides on those new caps to make them look 'right'.

Looking great!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse