X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clean lanes

we had lanes resurface last friday how soon can i strip them and reoil them

Re: clean lanes

We oiled as soon as they were safe to bowl on, about 24 hours, you don't want to strip them for at least 72 hours. In the meantime, pull the lanes, or run your groomer without cleaner.
    Is "it's broken" an acceptable response?

Comment

so we would be safe to strip thursday evening

Comment

Be sure that you run the lino over the lane first so that you have a clean surface for the new shot. We just had our house done the first week of July, they pulled the top-coat around 5 pm on Thursday, by Friday morning we were walking the lanes and gently pulling a shop-vac as we cleaned the auto-bumpers and everything else of the residual saw-dust. I believe we stripped the lanes for the first time that Monday.
        In my opinion the longer you let the top-coat cure and set up the better you are going to be, the owners needed to get people bowling a/s/a/p, and on almost every lane the heads are beginning to peel. The are slated to come out again in 4 months to apply another top-coat, but until then, we have to deal with heads looking crappy again.
        You should be very aware of people lofting and abusing the heads, and you should be good to go.

Comment

i may let them go till saturday . they tild us not to strip for a week thanks for the info

Comment

The cleaner isn't on the lane long enough to cause any real damage. But I would wait a minimum of 24 hours before oiling them. It is true, the longer you let finish cure the better off you'll be.
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

We always waited 2 weeks before stripping.

I always hated the wait!
              Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

If we had the luxury of waiting 2 weeks that would have been amazing. >.< Maybe next time we'll be a bit more wise, and wait longer.

Comment

we decided to wait till saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair
                    We always waited 2 weeks before stripping.

I always hated the wait!
                    For me too, I agree with you Al
                    82/30' S and me, it is a long story

Comment

resurface guys told me i can strip in four days.ask your resurfacers .they will tell you when to strip..they prefer
                      longer but they told me 4 days is alright.most of us do have leagues starting right after resurface.
                      82/70 mp
                      pbl lifts
                      wood lns
                      qubica scoring&qbump
                      wh/motors
                      kp/navigate&defence cx4
                      32 lns

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse