Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stripping lanes?

just a curious qustion, how often do you strip your lanes?
    we strip ours 2xs a year, but I convinced them to let me do it once a month.

you inputs please
    Who needs safety labels....survival of the fittest I say!

Re: stripping lanes?

I see from your profile you work for the Air Force. That would mean you have all the lastest equipment. Why aren't you stripping and oiling daily?

John

Comment

Like Bicod said daily. If not that the same day EACH week or if you must wait longer just skip it all together at that point to get the most consistant lanes.
      70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
      Prolane Walker sport

Comment

By stripping do you mean taking the conditioner off and cleaning the lane, or sanding the lane down and applying new finish? Stripping (cleaning) should be done daily to protect the lane surface and insure your bowlers don't get crap all over themselves when they are bowling.

Tony

Comment

As a rough rule, you should be stripping and oiling your lanes after every 30 games.

Out of interest how are you stripping and oiling the lanes just now?
          Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Alastair is on the right track. What do you use to oil, your lanes currently? If you're using a 100 or spray gun, then I could see 2 times a year. But back when those were all the rage, it was still done once a week.
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

for the air force I am only a cashier,
              but at nu generation lanes I am a mechanic, we run leagues 6 nights a week.
              when I say strip I mean clean they lanes and let them sit dry over night

Comment

what equipment do you have to clean and oil the lanes?

Comment

we use a kegel kustodian plus

we use infinity conditioner & Defence C cleaner

Comment

Why do you have let them sit overnight to dry? Vacuum not working?
                    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Even if your machine works perfect, How does this help or what will it do for you?
                      70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                      Prolane Walker sport

Comment

I am assuming you are doing a clean only twice a year to check on how well the machine is cleaning, if so I would do it 4 times a year.
                        Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

well we do it once a month, and the machine does not clean properly because everytime we strip suddenly we have back ends again!

Comment

You should Strip the lanes everytime you run the machine. Fill-up shots are not good for the tranfer brush or smoother pad systems. Besides it only takes a few more minutes.

Current lane oils are designed to bond to the lane. this is why you should oil the lanes about an hour prior to bowling. It takes time for the oil to accomplish this. One the same not, the longer the oil sits on the lane the harder its going to be to remove it from the lane.
                            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                            Cloth: ShamWow!
                            Machine: Johnny 5
                            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Don't your bowlers complain about the lack of backend? One would reason that after 15 games most of the oil has been pushed into the backend anyway, and whatever is left on the head is full of dust and whatever else may be caught. I couldn't imagine going more than 24 hours in between a complete dressing in my house, the heads would be dry from all the open bowler sliding 3 feet past the foul line.
                              Is "it's broken" an acceptable response?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse