Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flying balls

having trouble with balls hiting the cornners of the kickbacks where the capping ends the kick back is 1/2 an inch over the end of the capping with the corner beaten in, resulting in miss guided 7 and 10 pin shots sending the ball flying in to the rake arm or some times the sissor deck i really have no idea how to solve this issue any ideas will be helpfull thanks as allways. mike
    Good work is not cheap and cheap work is not good

Please post a picture of the round gutter/ transition block / kickback please

Comment

flying ball w/pic

kickback.JPG

Comment

As long as the small cap is not loose there is not much you can do about that

It looks like an older kickback

You cold take a sawzall to the kickback to level it with the capping

Comment

do you think it might help if i raised the cap

Comment

No - you do no want to raise the capping

Is the wood gutter in front of this area cracked my chance?

If so it will act like a spring board

Comment

Originally posted by msh37ktp View Post
              do you think it might help if i raised the cap
              Is it only on the small cap side? Are your gutters loose and springy helping the ball hop up and over the capping and then catching the raised up kickback?

Comment

no there solid its only when the ball makes contact with the kickback

Comment

Had problem with flying balls into table due to shallow gutters level with lanes at my old center. Lowered end of gutter helped some. Balls were hitting a skislope at end of gutters before transition piece to flat gutters.

Comment

The issue is the widest part of the ball is not aligned to the capping. When the ball reaches the kickback...the widest part of the ball now aligns with the kickback and strikes the kickback corner which will cause the ball to make an abrupt change in direction. When the ball reaches the kickback, it should align with the capping and the kickback at the same time to prevent this abrupt change. You can trim the kickback as King mentioned...works well. You could move the capping up...but the capping is used to help hold the gutter in place so I would frown on changing the position of the capping. Let us know what you decide to do.
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

i will thanks

Comment

Has this been a long standing problem? Check the gutter width front and back on both lanes, possible off. Also check the plumbness of the kick back.

Good luck, post the fix.

Bicod

Comment

When i enlarge the photo it looks like the balls hit the edge of the kickback at the front corner by the gutter.
                          Me? I'd raise up the capping so it is level to the kickback and see what happens.
                          Saw this ALOT at an FEC place i was at to help out and i had to tighten the gutters down(very loose),raise up the capping where it met the kickback and secure the adapter blocks which were also ultra loose.
                          Seemed to work well after that.
                          It was just a very poor install back then when they put the place in.

Comment

Have also seen guys adding new kickback wood by cutting out a small section where it comes to the lowest point in the front and then securing it down.Alot of work but some have done it that way also.This raises up the front portion of the kickback so it is UP and balls can't hit the edge anymore.
                            The wood has to be just as hard as the kickback or it will just fall apart in time!
                            Ya see alot of "odd" things in some FEC places.

Comment

You cannot raise the level of the capping - the capping holds the gutter down

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse