Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIL PROBLEMS - Advice and Discussion Wanted

We have been reading about DEFY and DEFY v30 problems with oil patterns, as well as in the workings of lane machines, (Pumps etc.). We currently use Defy v30, and are constantly in need of adjusting the pattern, as it is so difficult to hold a good pattern with it. We have also gone through 3 pumps in 2 years. If temps and humidity are pretty constant (in our area Mid-Dec through February) We have been able to dial it in pretty well and it seems to do ok, but throw in a warmer day and the pattern goes out the window. We also have much difficulty keeping the pattern to play consistently or "true", the shot comes and goes throughout the evening at a strange rate. 1st game you find a line, it goes away, you adjust to compensate, and then you find yourself having to move back to where you were 6 frames later because all of a sudden your line is back. It's not better - it's just confusing. Our scores are down and we want to get away from this oil. We run an Envoy - feel it is a good machine and can put out a consistent shot, at this point we have narrowed it down to the oil.

What else on the market is doing well and actually working? I ask this question because I feel as if I am in a marketing war between Kegel and Brunswick. Brunswick die hards, what's your opinion? What do you have to say about other Brunswick oils? Kegel Fans, other than "Fire and Ice" what are your opinions of the other oils offered? We used Prodigy for many years with success and a Sanction Standard machine.

We have DBI - IQ (Anvilane) Lane Surface, and have always been able to create a good shot for our leagues - Please help if you can! Thanks!

We were happy with Logic for a long time but found more recently it was not playing the same. We switched to Curve while we waited for Current to be released and found it to be rather consistent. We're now on Current. So far it's holding up well but it's only been a few weeks and we haven't started yet with the warmer weather, so will see how it goes. Still struggling to cope with the oder though.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I would not recommend Current for use in an Envoy or A22; it will clog the injectors - the chemistry just isn't compatible with them. I have a center that tested Current for me when we were field testing and he has DBA-IQs as well. He used Curve before and had a lot of success with it. He felt like it developed a hang spot down lane that made it difficult later in the shift though.

Kanga: in regards to the smell of Current; we made a process adjustment a few weeks ago that manipulated the reaction that causes the odor. This made the odor much less potent and gave the product more of an alcohol smell. These batches are making their way into the field so as distributors restock, they'll be getting the non-odorous material. It may take a bit longer to get to you but you will get it! Just wanted you to know that we had corrected the issue and that it's making its way into the field.

Hope this information is helpful.
      Brandy
      brandy.padilla@kegel.net

Comment

Thank you two, If prodigy worked for us in the past should be look into moving back to it? Or should we look into Navigate? What would you do in my shoes? Also, do we know if Navigate or Prodigy is compatible with the Envoy? Thanks guys!!

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the update Brandy.
          Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
          Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Any time Kanga. Glad to help.

BowlArenaTenPinLou: Curve would be a solid option; it will be more durable than Prodigy or Navigate but just be aware that it can develop a hang spot later in the shift. Pattern will dictate that a lot. With that said, if you liked Prodigy and it worked well for you, it is a good conditioner as well. It isn't as durable as some of our others. But, it is less pattern sensitive and it won't cause a lot of headaches and oil related backend issues. Navigate is an "in-between" of Prodigy and Infinity. It is a bit more durable than Infinity but not quite as pinsetter friendly as Prodigy. In my opinion, your conditioner choice will depend on what you want to achieve (i.e. low oil related backend issues, better durability, etc.).

Hope this helps.
            Brandy
            brandy.padilla@kegel.net

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
            seems like pms were not done in a long time
            and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
            Working...
            X