No announcement yet.

Fixed one problem have new one. Twister pins kicking out setting up for second ball.

Adsense Classic 1

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed one problem have new one. Twister pins kicking out setting up for second ball.

When the pins set for second ball the pins kick out and fall over. I have checked the scissors, deck pads, stabilizer rods, deck being level, moving deck no movement. What else could anyone give me to look at. 34 lane center and respots up the arse.

You're not the first to have this problem. See this thread.

Slow the machines down by reducing the diameter of the motor to gearbox pulley.

I completely forgot about that thread. lol. might as well update here instead.

solved my respots with the twisters. the no slide pinspots where fine for awhile but the lane cleaner, over time, would start to degrade the adhesive that the pinspots use. we were replacing them left and right. I did an experiment with our old wood pins, a new wood pin and the twisters. I was looking at the bottoms of the pins on each to see the surface area that each takes up when on a lane. a brand new wood pin has a lot of surface area, the wood is level with the plastic ring. new wood pins don't fall over easy, it is the usual complaint with the bowlers when we use to put new pins out. old pins have the wood sunk in and just the plastic ring touches the lane, causes a lot of OOR's. twister pins look just like an old wood pin in surface area, just a little ring the size of the plastic ring on old pins. to solve the problem with the old pins oor's and standups, I sanded the pins so that they were flush again and they worked great. So I did the same to the bottoms of the twisters. I took one pair of lanes worth out of the machines. sanded the bottoms of the twisters so that there was more surface area on the bottom(doesn't take much to do). after that I put those pins back into the pair that I took them from. I have not had a stand-up, oor, respot on that pair for 3 weeks. so I did the rest of the house, I went from 28 respots/standups per week, to 3.
        <---- You are getting sleepy, very sleepy. When you wake-up you will want to bowl more. . . .

Adsense Classic 2

Haven't actually done any welding for years, so I was up to the challenge when I found this machine that was having problem setting the head pin.
        Someone had welded this...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick All - Bearing Life

In relation to the recent “B Shaft” failure, I thought I would throw this subject on the table for discussion. I remember when I attended a “Bearing Life” seminar long...

Foul Light LED Mod

Here is a mod I came up with for a foul light unit. I was able to remove the old indicator light bulbs and replace them with ultra bright white LEDs. This should work for about...