Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disposing of Old Pins

Good Morning All,

Our center is getting ready to get our first set of new pins since we opened in 2014. We have AMFlite IIs that are well worn. How do your centers normally dispose of old pins?
    Thanks for the help.

We let the customers dispose of them, by selling them at the front counter. :p

Comment

Usually a phone call to a police department, sheriff's department or local shooting club will have the entire lot moved in a few days if there is no room to store them. Twisters, on the other hand, you are not supposed to shoot those due to ricochet (as stated on the box) I was wondering if anyone has tested that theory
      If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

We use the better ones for birthday pins

Comment

Just remember Full synthetic pins, like Twisters are dangerous for shooting!!!

Comment

The better ones we use for birthday parties. The ugly ones, broken out belly's, badly scalped heads, missing rings, I'll take to the lake and shoot, and/or burn in a bonfire. Before anyone says anything about that, I know about the toxic fumes from burning the plastic. Been doing it for years and haven't died yet. DO NOT burn in a fire place or wood stove.

Comment

Yup, local police scoop ours up. We keep some on hand for our senior league bowlers. They use them for crafts.

Comment

we give them away to schools. they make snowmen out of them for winter art class.
                DO NOT SHOOT THEM. I know of a clown that tried it and bullets do ricochet off them !!!!!

Comment

I strip the plastic off wood pins so they burn better and smell a lot better when burning. no messy black melted plastic in the fire pit.

the way I do it is simple and takes about 3 min per pin.
                  <---- You are getting sleepy, very sleepy. When you wake-up you will want to bowl more. . . .

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick All - Bearing Life

In relation to the recent “B Shaft” failure, I thought I would throw this subject on the table for discussion. I remember when I attended a “Bearing Life” seminar long...

Preventative Maintenance Brunswick A Jets A2 - SC/Dk Pulley Assembly

Found a bad left needle bearing in the Scissor / Deck Cable Assembly at the Rear Wall House. Needle Bearings are falling out and there is a pile of metal under it. Been 30+...

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick B-10's Hollar House

Took a trip back in time to the classic “Hollar House”. The lanes went in in 1908. There was no ABC but according to the current operator, Tom, it became sanctioned when...

Table support assembly

My night at part job all 32 lanes going of leagues no where to move. Table support assembly broke rod broke # 2 Cell and bent the heck out of wire channel. Changed the Cell,...

Foul Light LED Mod

Here is a mod I came up with for a foul light unit. I was able to remove the old indicator light bulbs and replace them with ultra bright white LEDs. This should work for about...
                  Working...
                  X