Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twister pins

Does anyone have experience or knows how the twister pins compare to wooden pins.

Originally posted by lovebowling View Post
    Does anyone have experience or knows how the twister pins compare to wooden pins.
    Sound different (more deadened sound), carry different (less corners more 8’s and 9’s left), they fly a lot meaning lots of deadwood if you don’t have quick rake/sweep drop. Some machines don’t like them. Last a lot longer than wood, still carry the same even after they look like crap.
    * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Originally posted by Toomany10pins View Post

Sound different (more deadened sound), carry different (less corners more 8’s and 9’s left), they fly a lot meaning lots of deadwood if you don’t have quick rake/sweep drop. Some machines don’t like them. Last a lot longer than wood, still carry the same even after they look like crap.
      Those first or 2nd generation pins?
      The older the part, the STRONGER it is.

Comment

Originally posted by nirvana04 View Post
        Those first or 2nd generation pins?
        Both. I’ve never worked at a center that had them but talked with a couple of head mechanics that had them. One likes them, one tolerated them. I’ve also bowled on them a few times.
        * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

As a bowler I prefer wooden pins, as a mechanic I love Twister pins. Less wood chips all over the place, and you don't have to keep a spare set to switch out. The only drawbacks that I've noticed thus far are the red rings on the pins will snap and eventually fall off possibly getting jammed in the pinsetter. Also they slide across the pin decks like crazy, especially brand new pins. I think they even come with a two year warranty

Comment

I tried them in my 82-30s, wasted my money, didn't work well in these machines.
            "I'm a businessman Tom, blood is a big expense"
            Name that Flick

Comment

Positive: they last a long time, making them cost effective. Negative: 1- they don't go thru the pits as well as a wood pin (A-2s), so you need to raise the front of your pit as much as possible, but still stay within specs for USBC, and, 2- they slide across the pin deck like crazy (we've got auto-OORs, which helps, at least for open play).

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Elevator & Pits

All this work just to clean under the elevator !!??? LOL A friend is replacing a number of his elevators as the left hand triangle plate brackets are breaking. Rather than...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Ball Wheel Belt Question

A friend was looking at his ball wheel belt which stated it was 208" long, (Pic 1). He was pretty sure that it is a B205 belt which should be 205" long. The answer...

MONITOR COLOR ISSUE!!

my appologies if Ive posted this in the wrong area, this is my second post on this site, Ive got a 10 lane center ( 5 pairs ) and on lanes 3&4, I am having a problem with...

Pin spot is off

I'm currently working at a 38 Lane center. Of those 38 lanes only a few are having this issue.

I'm currently trying to get all the lanes to have perfect pin spots...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...
              Working...
              X